1500pt Blood Hounds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Blood Hounds

OK so this is a Blood Angels spin off with orange Armour as i see far too much red in Manchester these days. I am looking to win games but not with an overly competitive list where i wont get games. So please guys and gals tell me what you think ?

HQ
    2x Libby with jump packs , Shield of Sang and ?? - 250

Elites
    2x Sang Priest , Power weapon and jump pack - 90

Troops
    2x 10 man Assault , Power fist 2 x Melta - 235

Fast
    2x Baal Pred , TL-AC and HB - 145

Heavy
    2x Vindicator , Siege shield - 155

Army : Blood Stars
    1500 : 2 Vindicators , 2 Baal Predators , 22 Jump Packs
    Motto : If you don't like where im coming from , leave before I get there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would first consider taking a dozer blade instead of a siege shield as having 1 in 36 chance of getting immoblised is to be considered but i'd take that risk if you use less points.
    Maybe for the baal preds, you could take flamestorm cannons so you could handle MEQs and horde armies better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Liking the look of the list!

I think u should keep the baals as they are, they are more versatile this way and have more range! And with two vindicators you have more than enough anti MEQ

One thing you could do is to remove one libby and one priest. You can still abuse the 6" FC bubble with some careful planning.

The spare points could get you some troops to stay at home to babysit an objective!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

One thing you could do is to remove one libby and one priest. You can still abuse the 6" FC bubble with some careful planning.

The spare points could get you some troops to stay at home to babysit an objective!
    Agreed, but I'd drop a Baal instead of a Priest. Anti-infantry dakka isn't essential in a CC-oriented list full of FNP.

A Tactical squad would be a nice choice for Troop #3.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for all the advice lads but u all have a good point so anybody agree with these 3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play an all-infantry list at 1k rite now, and my point would be that only one libby and only one preist are necessary. You get the FNP, FC, psychic buffs for 20 guys with 2 people. Of course, if your tactic revolves around splitting up your people 10/10, then your list wud work. I find that massing all the jet packers is more effective, scarier (22 FNP, FC, angry bad-asses coming your way wiyth 12' move, wadya gonna do but be scared???) and gives more points for the rest of the list.

So Im gonna second Intrepid, get rid of a priest and a libby (200 points free) and add a 10 man tactical squad with ML and whatever you need to camp home objectives, be another angry 10 space marines, add some firepower... you get the point. If your not into the camp home approach, get another tank to improve the survivability of your tanks (the more tanks, the better. Too much AV 13 is annoying!!!) or maybe a cheap scout ssquad to get home objectives and a cheap tank to add to the AV 13 club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed, drop the libby and priest and get something with range, be it devis or tacts or something, maby even a assault squad in razorback. as for your second phsycic power, probably either unlease rage or sword of sanguinius, depending on weither there is lots of infantry or mech in your area?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Unleash Rage is the way to go. You are planning to win assaults, so go all the way. Drop the 2nd libby & priest.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Keep the siegeshields on the vindicators, since they are fast you really want to be able to move 12" and fire every round and not get stuck on some silly rock. It's one 5 point difference anyway. What I think your list lacks is units that are dedicated objective takers. You could use maybe 1 or 2 5-man units of scouts for that? I don't know. Personally I almost never use all my assaultmarines; they seem really nice and powerful when you imagine what you are going to be able to do with them, but start thinking about how the same 2 units would fare against your 2 vindicators. Two lucky hits and it's bye-bye! Other than that, should be a fun list to play, I would go for a more codex oriented approach if I was running a non-competative list anyway, since BA are afterall a Codex marine army, with only 2 assault squads per company...
    Blood Angels
    Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx guys its all noted. will probably drop the priest and libby for some Devs but with my army whats the best load out for them Las spam ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast