Blood Angels or Space wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels or Space wolves

HI guys
    First things first I'm quite new to 40000K and I was wondering what to collect BA or SW.
    I've got a BA codex but I really like SW as well so I'm really not sure what to go with. I know BA fluff and stats but not so sure about the SW stats (I know a bit about SW fluff.
    Need help plz reply.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm only new to 40k too, I picked space wolves and I really like them. My nephew has blood angels and he loves them. Go to your local gw and have a read in both codex look at wolves wolf guard and wolf guard terminators with Logan grimnar as hq(Logan makes all wolf guard troops) and death company with astroth as hq and a death company dreadnaught(astroth allows more than 1squad of death company). Whichever you like the look of go for that army id suggest
    Current Army (1st)- Space Wolves 1,500 points

Remember, the Force will be with you.... Always!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play BA and my brother plays SW. There both really cool armies and it really depends on what your looking for:

BLOOD ANGELS:
    -Bad-ass space marines in red (not some girly color like yellow, or they coudnt find a color = white... THEY ARE RED!!!). They have the coolest primarch (person who founded them and basically was the most honourable and Boss man of them all). They are really fun to play with, but are an expensive army so not too many models on the field. The most common way to play them is all-tanks or mainly tanks. They have arguably the best tanks in the game because they can move faster, a lot of variety for your play style (up close, far away, flying, dreads in pods...) and can really deal out lots of damage. You can also field all-infantry lists with jet packs and devastators which are really fun to play as and can be pretty good if mastered correctly (bringing an all infantry 1k list to tournament this weekend). There models are really cool (death company, sanguinary guard... you get the point) and are considered one of the better armied in 5th edition (if playing tanks).

SPACE WOLVES:
    If you are not taken by the pure awesome of blood thirsty, jetpack flying, tank crazy bad-asses, then the SW are a pretty good choice. Also another variant of the bad-ass space marine, They are arguably THE best army of 5th ed. (along with GK, some other lists). They are basically space vikings with some hormone issues Now I dont play them but play my brother fairly often, so can give you some tips (not the best, but still useful). First, Long fangs (buy devastator boxes then convert) are amazing. They are cheaper and better than any other Dev Squad out there, and I recommend you always take at least one squad (they are worth it). Razorback spam awith long fangs are a very competitive list. Now, grey hunters are like tactical marines that are better at fighting (counter-strike is the most annoying rule ever). Take these over blood claws most days, unless particlarly angry and ferocious. Also their Rune priests are very good HQ choices. Finally, wolf guard and Thunderwolf cavalry are quite the scary opponents to face, but not much advice I can give their.

Hopes this helps, again good luck, both armies are really cool.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Do you know what your playstyle is? Blood Angels are more aggressive than Space Wolves.

If you need a tie-breaker, would you rather have jump infantry or Terminators?
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys I reckon that I'm tipping towards going with BA, but I'm still going to check out the SW codex.
    Thanks again guys, really helpful.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

You're going about this the best way: checking out the various Codexes before making your decision. Both armies are similar in that they love a good punch-up but are also well capable of fire fights. I'm a Space Wolf player and I like them because they are nasty as heck in combat, reasonable in shooting (the Long Fangs are probably the best Dev Squads in the Marines) and can take up to 4 HQs some of which will allow you to field various types of army style: Wolf Guard list with Logan, Mechanised with Bjorn leading a mounted Grey Hunter list, Ragnar and his Blood Claws, a Psychic-based list with 4 Rune Priests, Canis and the Cavalry, or a standard Wolf Lord and two Troops choices just to mention a few.

The fact that you are not permitted to field Independent Characters with the same wargear or Saga options also means you cna individualise your main guys, adding "charisma" to the army.

But I'm biased towards SW, so don't go by my choice!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

My opinion?

Go for blood angels if like the armor options of space marines. BA have fast vehicles, Baal Predators, and more dreadnought options (please don't deepstrike Land Raiders in a tournament... you will regret the scatter....). If you like Terminators with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields BA are also the better option. Oh and I guess army wide Feel No Pain is good to.

Go for space wolves if you like infantry. They have arguable the most well rounded Troops in the game (grey hunters) and the most versatile Terminators (Wolf Guard) compared to any other space marine codex. They also have a much cooler primarch than blood angels and far more interesting fluff imho. My personal reason for going space wolves is because of their Terminators and Thunder Wolves/Fenrisian Wolves. Calvary in a space marine codex is unheard of and I enjoy how they play. (and the new models are pretty awesome). They also play very similar to how my vanilla space marines played in 4th edition back when I could give a Tactical Squad two special (non-heavy) weapons and give them True Grit and Counter Attack (true grit is an old rule that no longer exists so don't worry about it, suffice to say it let you claim an extra attack for having two CC weapons in close combat unless you were charging and counter-attack in 4th isn't worth mentioning).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for all the advise and after seeing the SW codex I just couldn't refuse. so now I'm going to be playing SW I was wondering whats a good first SW buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest a Space wolf pack and make up grey hunters or wolf guard. If you get Logan grimnar that makes wolf guard a troops choice. You could also make a woof lord from the space wolf pack for a hq choice and have grey hunters
    Current Army (1st)- Space Wolves 1,500 points

Remember, the Force will be with you.... Always!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the SW battelforce, a rune priest (you cud proxy for now tho, hard to get their models sometimes), devastateur squad (aka long fangs), and if you have enough money, rhino/razorback. I advise you buy the razorback box because you can switch between the RB and rhino easily. Have fun, hope you enjoy the Space Pups

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast