New Termies - Deathwing? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the realease of the new codex and the new terminator models, how will the rules for deathwing terminators be affected? Just wondering if any of you could shed some light on the subject?

Also - When are the dates for -

The New Termies

The New Codex

Just to give me a rough idea,

Cheers

Chris

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i hear models in termie armour can deep strike in any mission. So that would be advantageous to some deathwing armies where land raiders are just too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by logan grimmnar@Oct 30 2004, 19:54
    well, i hear models in termie armour can deep strike in any mission. So that would be advantageous to some deathwing armies where land raiders are just too expensive.
    [snapback]241502[/snapback]
    Yeah, this sounds good, because whenever I can i DS my termies anyway! What a bout points cost though, as we cost more anyway, do you think there will be something in additional notes about this in the new codex, or are we going to have to wait for a new DA Codex?
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The most likely is that GW will release PDF when the SM codex is released to update the existing codex of the other chapters not mentioned in it, but mostly the old codex will still be fully legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new termies will be decreased in points, though keep in mind, it is not consederable. At games day they said it would only be 3-5 point drop.
    Can you guys help me out and click this link? If you click it, I get a soldier in this game I'm playing online. Can you please help me out?

Click here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK, generally, there will be a PDF that hopefully addresses all this, and ultimatley there will be a separate codex DA at some point, in the mean time:

As others have pointed out, standard Termies have dropped in points, it is not clear if DW termies will have this drow, unless it is explicitly stated in the FAQ then you are still paying codex DA costs

Cyclones: I believe these are now a simple upgrade, you no longer replace your power fists, so a cyclone termie in a codex marine squad has the cyclone, a storm bolter and a power fist. Again, we are awaiting the FAQ/codex but it seems likely that regardless of any points change, we need to rip the left arm off our DW cyclone marines and replace them with power fist arms (Damn damn damn damn)

But really it is wait till the 6th and they should start putting out FAQs
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is NO WAY IN HELL GW is going to make a stupid mistake of making Deathwing worse.

IMO, they will try their best to make the Deathwing for what they are: THE most feared and loyal group of Marines.

I do believe that DW Terminators will get plenty of specials, not seen by others.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Deathwing, woohoo...
    Nothing kewler than playing an army of dreadnoughts... :ph34r:

Anyway, lower termie points cost is cool...but I also hear that Deathwing can only deploy STANDARD codex squads now (so no more Lightning claws + Assault cannons...). I've yet to hear about any changes in Dreadnoughts though...

Anyway, with Cyclone Termies now able to carry power fists as well, is playing a shooty (Cyclone Termies + ML/AC Dreads) Deathwing viable? (...was it viable in the first place??? :lol 'Cos I was thinking about playing Deathwing with Iron Warriors combat doctrine, i.e., a "...complex fire-plan..." that is "...directed towards the most suitable target..." :rofl:

I find shootiness cool, and (somehow...) i find shooty terminators cooler...any comments?

On a side note...would that not make Salamanders termies really d*** cheap? Thinkaboudit...a Salamanders Deathwing...

Edit: Really...I gotta know about the new termie/dread points costs man, I was expanding (actually, wrote the ENTIRE army list already) my DW army (from 1000 to 1500 points) when all this hype about termie costs going down, new sculpts and all that stuff came out... What makes this worse is that the codex will only reach where I live by the end of the year...ARGH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of the year?!

Where do you live?!

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, I'm smart, waiting for all new Termies and Dreads to come out.

And DON'T FORGET the new Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts, those w/double autocannons and lascannons and such. . . . ..

*drools*
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast