New Sm Army, Chapter Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Sep 7 2003, 03:35
    i cant find where it says the dark angels can have plasma cannons in their tacticles. is it in a white dwarf? if so can you tell me the issue #?
    You can find the updates for the Dark Angels on the GW site. You'll find them near the bottom of this page

Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Salamanders SM Chapter have a good shooting, thay have signum - You can re-roll 1 faild shooting "to hit" roll per turn, and have cheaper weapons, and Terminators... You can have 15 lascannons in army for 1700 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldnt multi meltas be a more characterful choice tho?

personally i love salamanders, apart from my beloved templars they are my favorite chapter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, probably would, but unfortunatelly multimeltas range isn't long
    ..amd lascannon is... LASCANNON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the major problem with the salamanders is that they have an initiative value of 3, meaning other marines and Catachan Gaurd will strike first in hth in addition to the pointy ears of the eldar & dark eldar kill squads. dark angels are by far the most shootiest Space Marine army you can get. Long Fangs of the wolves are ok, but when every tac-squad has a plasma-cannon, you cant really argue with that. the absoulte shooty army has to be either the IG armored company (not to be confused with the steel legion) or the IG Cadian army (re-roll all missed las-weapon shots on a roll 1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Your right, in hth thay have initiative value of 3, but only n hth, and we talk about shooting...

as I say above You can re-roll 1 faild shooting "to hit" roll per turn, for any squad were is someone with signum

If You are shot down, Your Initiative 4 can't halp You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, Black templars can get the good Shooting Army List. They haven't devastatores, yes, but you can put 2 command squads - 2 heavy weapon each, tactical squads with 1 heavy and 1 special w., 3 peradtors (annihilators) for egzample...

maybe 2 Dreadnoughts...

It isn't only hth army

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Grand Master Gideon@Sep 10 2003, 09:16
    the major problem with the salamanders is that they have an initiative value of 3, meaning other marines and Catachan Gaurd will strike first in hth in addition to the pointy ears of the eldar & dark eldar kill squads. dark angels are by far the most shootiest Space Marine army you can get. Long Fangs of the wolves are ok, but when every tac-squad has a plasma-cannon, you cant really argue with that. the absoulte shooty army has to be either the IG armored company (not to be confused with the steel legion) or the IG Cadian army (re-roll all missed las-weapon shots on a roll 1)
    allow a perosn with experience tell you about salamanders. we have ini 3...ok fine we wourk around it by ummm..letss see...THUnDER HAMMERS AND POWERFIST!! and LOADs of them. if we are gonna strike last...strike hard. in tactical squads u DONT want multi meltas. it is characterfull but not wise. i suggest 2 flamers in each squad.

in my 3 tactical squads (1500 pt list) i ahve 2 flamers and the vet sargs have powerfists. 1 is joined by salamanders force commander(iron halo, thunder hammer, term honours, ans salamanders mantle...he cant die instanly from double str weapons, 4+inv save and 3 wounds) 1 is joined by chaplain(thunder hammer..which is free for salamander chaplains)

i also have a land raider crusader with 7 terminators(CHEAP!&#33 wiht 2 heavy flamers and powerfists and the rest have thunder hammers and storm shields.

flamers are the msot underestimated weapon in the game. u never get cover saves from them, yur can pick which models u want to attack, they auto hit, and still work on the move which is nessisary for mobile armies. multi meltas will slwo u down. plus flamers are just as flavorful in a salamandes force then a multi melta is.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK firstly, Templars are NOT a shooty army

Yeah, u can take heavy weaps in the command squad, which would be the greatest waste of points i could think of. The marshals stats, combined with what is arguably the best of the space marine cmmand squads (u get ccw, characters AND term honours....) is a close combat nightmare when used to back up ur main attack (naturally u cant simply stash it in a raider and send it in to combat with say howling banshees. Shooting heavy weapons (which are expensive anyway) is a tradgic waste of my favorite unit

Basically there is no point having a shooty BT army, they merely get disadvantaged in that respect compared to even basic marines (not to mention the awesome DA and Salamanders) and u ignore their obvious close combat abilities

Secondly every1 should probably listen to &#39;Salamander&#39; he is the first person i have heard to consistently say sensible things about my second favourite chapter (one sugestion sir if i may- thunder hammers for the basic veteren sergeants, Dreadnoughts HATE those things, and as a BT player i in turn loathe dreadnoughts)

Also- have u tried the old "4 multi-melta devestator trick", give a rhino if need be, but watch how effective it can be against incoming land raiders (i swear i could kill for some devestators these days)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i have been playing salamanders for about 2 years nowa nd i ahvenever heard that...but its a great idea&#33;&#33; the onyl prob lemis that the rhino would need to be in the front lines because of los issues wiht my other rhinos/land raider and also becaus eof range factor. thsi means it would be soaking up alot of fire. but thats the only thing i can see wrong. oh and i would put on the thunder ahmmers but my force commander and chaplin ahve em and their two rhinos wiht marines and vet sargents and 2 flmaers drive together and the other normal squafd and terminators drive together so there is always a thunder ahmmer somewhere.

ok beofre this gets into a salamanders topic dont attempt to make a shoot BT army. its like trying to make a hth tau army...it wasnt meant to be. BT are good at wat they do...assaulting and they are real good at it so take advantage of it. BT assauklt marines are the sickest assualt marines ever. the command squad is good and so are just basic tac squads. they have the numbers that the reg marines and other marines chapters just dont have. u can also have more then 1 land raider crsader...which isnt infamous for its long range.

GW is telling you somehting...BT are hth, not shooty&#33;
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast