Index Astartes Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the inclusion of the new Chapter Trait rules in the codex, will this overule the rules from White Dwarf on using the First Founding Chapters, e.g the Raven Guard rules?

Acording to the new codex, Raven Guard have set advantages/ disadvantages from the list, but these are different to their rules in WD.

Obviously the new traits apply, but what about the ones where I can deep strike and take jump pack command squads?

And also according to Flesh over Steel, taking Drop Pods (which RG are supposed to exel at) also takes a Fast Attack choice.

AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far i know the command squad can still take jump packs and the command squad still has lightning claws, i want to do a raven guard force as well so i be keeping a close eye on it
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teh IA rules are invalid the day the codex come out.
    And now you can't take Jump Pack command squads, which is a kick in teh teeth if you ask me, We are basically Blood angels with less cool, stuff
    ttfn
    We strike like lightning, fast and deadly

In the shadows you will only find death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old rules are invalid.

You could always use different doctines than those listed if you want, but you might have trouble convincing some players to let you use Shrike. Shrike can still have a kickass command squad with jump packs and lightning claws.

You could take just Blessed Be The Warriors so you can use veteran assault squads. Then you'd only have to choose a minor drawback. Maybe We Stand Alone?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon it may be in the Q+A in WD soon, as they may have to update all the supplements (Blood/ Dark angels, Space Wolves etc...)

They may mke a new one for Raven Guard as they have been featured heavily in the codex.

If not they may re-write the IA rules, especially because of the drop pod limitation completely undermines the fluff of the RG. It would be OK if we could still Deep Strike any infantry squads as the IA says.

My freinds accept the old IA rules in battle as well as the traits anyway, but I would still like conformation. Is there no GW staff on LO?
    AKA Grabnutz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=KingBurriss,Nov 5 2004, 057]
    I reckon it may be in the Q+A in WD soon, as they may have to update all the supplements (Blood/ Dark angels, Space Wolves etc...)

I doubt it, but as you said your freind is leniet so you don't have too much to worry about. Its when you go to your local GW and tournies they'll kick up a stink.
    We strike like lightning, fast and deadly

In the shadows you will only find death

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Lets see no the RG won't be getting one (at least I doubt it) as they are named as a chapter with traits in the new SM codex. The only ones I know of getting their own codex are the founding chapters not included in the codex, and they now have an FAQ update to use the new codex.

As for the IA rules, I'd say the codex over rules them. It be a bit pointless of having those rules but also giving them new ones in the codex, but here's wat the RG get -

Traits -
    Blessed be the warrios; No mercy, No Respite, Flesh Over Steel

This means they can have -

Assault Squads as elite or fast attack, the elites must have furious charge. Tac and assault squads may take furious charge. LR, Pred D, Whirlwind and Vindy are all 0-1 and the LRC & Pred A cannot be used. Alsio any transports take up a FA slot (ie rhinos, razorbacks).

And no the command squads don't get jump packs, but on the drop pod front it's good news. DPs may always be used, no matter the mission. So the RG can keep their swift attacking by dropping in or DS'ing in.

KU

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no Black Templars for the next few months? :blink: :lol:

They must follow the NEW codex, and pick a few traits they want. No more 'flee forward', vows or anything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Black Templars are a little more complicated, they aren't mentioned in the codex.
    Check the GW homepage for an updated FAQ. If there is one then the old Codex:Armageddon rules still apply (or whatever it says in the codex). If they don't have a FAQ I'd say the old rules still apply since they haven't been replaced. GW has said repeatedly that old codices are still valid, so I imagine that's the case for BT's too.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard@Nov 5 2004, 21:36
    So the RG can keep their swift attacking by dropping in or DS'ing in.

[snapback]245167[/snapback]

Wrong. I have 3 Fast attack options, and drop pods count as fast attack because of Flesh over Steel. Also Deep Strike sucks because of the fact you have to set up in circles of base-to-base contact. Ordnance is therefore especially scary.
    AKA Grabnutz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast