I Hear You Can Make Your Own Chapter! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the new codex i hear you can make your own chapter, has anyone done this? has anyone had anythoughts on this and can you explane a bit of it to me because i live out in the middle of the outback and it is 1 1/2 hours to my local store...

P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can. There are two legal ways to do this. Obviously you could make up anything you want and your own rules, but it wouldn't be a 'legal' army.

The first way has always been around. Pick a rule set, any codex you want, and make up a new background for your army. It uses all the same rules as the official chapter from the codex you picked, but has a different history, paint job, etc.

The second way is new with the release of the new SM codex. The codex introduced traits, advantages and disadvantages, that you can use to make up new rules combinations for your chapters. You can use these to add character to the background you develop for your chapter.

You'll have to wait for other answers for example chapters. You can find a few already mentioned in other threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

My newly created chapter is the Twilight Guard. Their traits are:
    Advantages

Sombre
    "See, but Don't be Seen" - may purchase Infiltration, if have infiltration can have Acute Senses
    Pious
    "Suffer not the Work of Heretics" - "Tank Hunter" skill for Tactical squads and Devastators at +Xpts per model.
    Disadvantages
    "Eye to Eye" - 0-1 total of Bikes/Attack Bikes/Land Speaders
    "Die Standing" - No Drop Pod Assault
    The background is still under construction, but currently they are a cross between a garrison force and a guerrilla army, combat doctrine to have independent forces secure fortifications, and then spread their control until they link up.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

+ Reply to Thread