Countering Stealth Suits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can i get rid of those peskey tau stealth suits" they get an assault move, so they can go back to cover. they get +1 cover save. have to roll to spot them, and always count as in cover for assault, thus strike first (there goes my idea of using an eversor...). ive used a squad of gk with a psycannon with some success, but its just not cost effective, at least when i dedicate them completly (usually they go for the flanks and harass my troops, accompanied bya crisis suit) i was thinking dsing wit incins.... anyow, its typically a low points game, 1000 pts and less.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I would suggest some flamers or incinerators as they ignore coversaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealth suits don't get a bonus to cover saves. Also, they are only tougness 3, so even though they have a marine save, as long as you can spot them, mass fire will take them down. But you're right, they're pesky, I personally use 12 of them in my standard list, and they take down everything from light vehicles to terminators to gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

either just send a Dread in their direction (avoid RailGuns)

run a Rhino w/ IST at them, followed by PAGK

or deepstrike right next to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find the rules for them. Whover told you those rules mixed truth and fiction together. They dont count as if in cover and dont get +1 to cover saves. Assult them whenever you can. They are horid in assult. Also if they can shoot you then usually you can shoot back (more than half the time you will be able to).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that was my mistake about the cover save thing. so you think its fine to assault them? are they really that weak in hth? i dont like to just ds at them, because they cause a lot of damage buy then. i could use a rhino i suppose, though my force has some fluff to be all on foot/walker (stranded sweeper team on an anceant abandoned world). the dread could be a very good solution. he rarely uses rail tech, but ill need to watch out for the plasma.
    so do you think an eversor would work? (the infiltrate and charge should handle their high mobility).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Originally posted by cypher0tu@Nov 8 2004, 18:29
    Find the rules for them. Whover told you those rules mixed truth and fiction together. They dont count as if in cover and dont get +1 to cover saves.
    [snapback]247087[/snapback]
    hmm... i know they don't get the +1... but i'm pretty sure they do count as being in "cover" when they get assaulted... hmm... i'll have to double check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am positive about the assault thing, i just made an error with the whole +1 to save thing (thats a ratling quality i do believe. in any case the count as in cover rule is what ruins my plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are they really that weak in hth?
    100 fire warriors charge a Grey Knight. Grey Knight will definitely win. If you get into CC with Tau, you have won the game.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some STs unload some plasma and there went the Stealth guys, but one remained and caused quiet a bit of trouble. If he didn't have terrain to hide behind it would have been easy or if I had a second squad with LoS. Those fast models like warp spiders and the above need to be delt with in the open. Good players controlling them can do some serious damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast