Question On Imperial Guard Additions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend, who collects daemon hunters said that the imperial guardsmen that u can add to daemon hunters army cost 0 Points. Then he said he was gonna get somethin like 100 of them.... i'm not sure if this rule is true.. even GW wont make s omething that cheesy right? :wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Big Bunny@Nov 12 2004, 03:30
    My friend, who collects daemon hunters said that the imperial guardsmen that u can add to daemon hunters army cost 0 Points. Then he said he was gonna get somethin like 100 of them.... i'm not sure if this rule is true.. even GW wont make s omething that cheesy right? :wacko:
    [snapback]248953[/snapback]

Make sure to tell your friend that your tyranids have a 1+ cuteness save .

They aren't free. He can take them, but they come at their normal cost. There are things like inquisitorial stormtroopers, listed in the daemonhunter codex, but most of the guard that he can induct into his army come right out of Codex: Imperial Guard. The infantry platoons technically cost nothing, but you have to put stuff in them (squads, officers, etc., and these cost points.). Maybe this is what he means.

Sounds like he tried to sneak this one by you, or is was an honest mistake. Either way, keep an eye of stuff like this in the future, and if you aren't sure, look it up. I, and the vast majority of the players I know do not mind at all if you refer to the codex or the army list during a game (their codex/list or mine).

Sorry if it came across a bit strong, someone tried to pull a fast one on me yesterday. I caught him on it, but I just as easily might have missed it.

-SK
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for ur help&#33; So the imperial guard add-ons cost the same price as those in the book IMPERIAL GUARD. Thats good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d almost guess he made the big mistake that a lot of people do, trusting army-builder. It lists the Guard Platoon as 0 points in the list of choices for troop selections. However, once you click on it, it actually does count for points in the roster, but thats the only way I think your friend could have made that mistake without being a lying heretic&#33;

+ Reply to Thread