Tank Killing With Sisters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I have had my 4th Ed rulebook now about 3 weeks and I am still working on soaking up everything. Last night I realized that my Exorcists are now much more effective against Heavy Armor (Land Raiders, etc) because now AP1 weapons penetrate if you equal the targets amor value. It also helps out the meltas issued out to the Squads.

My Seraphim w/ meltabombs are still the most deadly against unit that I have against Heavy Armor as far as I can tell.

Now to pose a question(s):

I am not very experienced with using Inquistors / Inquisitor Lords. I know they can use Land Raiders as a transport choice. How can they, and the units and abilities available if I incorporate an Inquisitor, help me take out those accursed Space Marines and their vehicles and Terminators? Nearly every player in my area that I have met fields a Space Marine army.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt an inquisitor lord is the best choice to use when attacking marines in close combat. Even if he has a power weapon, warriors, and familiars, he will still get a maximum of 5 attacks on the charge, around 4 will hit and 1-2 will wound. Then it will be the marines' turn to strike back (assuming they have no I5 characters in the squad) and then your retinue's turn. While crusaders have power weapons and invulnerable saves, don't forget they also have lower initiative than marines and wound on 5+.

An assassin, especially the eversor or callidus would be a far more enticing option for combat and to take care of marines and their vehicles through shooting get an inquisitor with a plasma cannon and two multi melta servitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

induct some imperual guard, get a LemanRuss tank and some Lascannon teams...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, guard is the way to go.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America, Above the United States, On Earth. PM me if you still don't know.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He helps by letting you take the powerful but inaccurate(to say the least) Lance Strike and Assassins. Take the Callidus, scramble some brains, and kill a lot of Termies. :ph34r:
    Win/Draw/Loss
    Seeding Swarm Deathbringer: 16/5/13
    Witch Hunters: Currently in development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rogue-Angel@Nov 15 2004, 17:48
    induct some imperual guard, get a LemanRuss tank and some Lascannon teams...
    [snapback]250568[/snapback]
    Yes, several of my Inq. playing friends use that kind of mix in 1500 pts, and with much effectiveness as the IG's give that anti-tank that the Inqisitorial forces need.

/cheers ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that inquisiter lords ARE good against marines and chaos, but only against their leaders. An inquisiter lord given a force weapon will kill off even deamon princes, Tyranid monstrous creatures, greater deamons, Force commanders, tau battle suits, any ONE thing with a only a little scratch.

However, against basic troups an inquisiter lord will fair very poorly. He will kill ONE or more models and then be forced to take upwards of 40 armor saves. In other words, the more points your enemy spends on his ork warboss, or any other indipendant character, the more valuable your inquisiter lord is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Shiver I really like your post.

I will observe the players and see which ones like to take a 'big boss' type figure such as a daemon prince, etc.

I am compiling a set of 'ready made' Inquisitor / Inquisitor Lord retinues for play. I wil now ceratinly make several small retinues with your advice in mind.

Thanks!

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

The main reason I'd take an inquisitor is for the Psychic Hood.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

+ Reply to Thread