Raven Guard Players! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for about a month ive wanted to switch SM armies... now that the new codex is out...and i am really bored with dark angels tactics and fluff (ie i hate el johnson so much...especially after reading angels of darkness (i almost switched to a fallen army actually lol))
    ive always liked assault marines...and have found a new interest in scouts..so i thought why not? raven guard!
    unfortunately the new codex has brought to us a character for the guard...and everyone is thinking of playing them now... i just want to say i am not switching lists just to use this "bad *** " and i really would like some fluff, tactics, and army ideas for the raven guard.... i know theres not much out there but id like to get all the fluff possible... im a very VERY heavy fluffy player. and will not play with anything that goes against the fluff.

thanks in advance

<span style='color:purple'>&quot;Fetch me another play-thing....this one is broken&quot;

strike like lightning and burn down everything in your path&#33;</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d stick with only troops and vehicles that can "deep strike" via thunderhawk or drop pods. In rules terms this typically means troops, dreads, and landspeeders; although I could make a case for bikes(fluffwise, they don&#39;t take up any more space than a dread, and could fit in a T-hawk quite easily), they were never allowed to deep strike in the rules.

Anyway, you might want to reconsider trying to buy Drop Pods for your tactical squads if they use up FA choices--not sure on the rules, but I think the RG have a disadvantage of "flesh over steel," don&#39;t they?

Good luck. I liked the 3rd ed Raven Guard rules much better&#33;
    Purge all the heretics,
    Kill the alien scum,
    Suffer not the unclean to live,
    And have a beer when you&#39;re done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the raven guard prefer to use man power, rather then machine power. guess thats how alot of their guys died isnt it?

but troops galore and deep striking is a must.... im thinking assault squads...scouts... and terminators (scout sgt with homer can be great for getting those terminators right on the board.... or so i hope )
    <span style='color:purple'>&quot;Fetch me another play-thing....this one is broken&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by archon&#045;man666@Nov 16 2004, 20:24
    the raven guard prefer to use man power, rather then machine power. guess thats how alot of their guys died isnt it?
    [snapback]251609[/snapback]
    A lot of the raven guard died because they and the iron hands were betrayed by the iron warriors and some others on Istaavan V, this crippled the chapter and Corax their primarch, Corax had to resort to dangerous and unpredictable cloning techniques to try and bring the chapter near to full strength. They continued their guerilla tactics but could never really play much of a part in the heresy. THe cloning techniques were hugely unstable and mostly ineffective, 1 in 100 survived the process and only 1 in 10 could even hold a boltgun, the failed experiments were named the weregeld.
    Thats about all teh fluff I can think of off the top of ma head. PM if you want more.

Tactics:
    >Vehicles should be a rarity if not nonexistent only Landspeeders and 0-1 Dreads should be taken
    >Scouts at least two squads of them
    >Only heavy weapons, should be in tactical or devestator squads and or Dreads.
    >Assault squads would be a good idea
    >Drop pods also good

This is all in my honest opinion it isn&#39;t actually written anywhere
    ttfn
    We strike like lightning, fast and deadly

In the shadows you will only find death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks...
    in the past ive always fielded small assualt squads for interferene runs.... but now ill be using them as a main wave of attack.... do you think 8 men in a squad will be good enough (plus HQ guys)?

+ Reply to Thread