Ba Army Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ba Army Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there i am fairly new and i dont no wether to put honour gaurds in my new army of 1500 pts or not

i have a

chaplain w dcomp in rhino

furioso dread
    termies w lightnin claws

6 man tact squad in rhino
    6 man tact squad in rhino
    6 man tact in rhino
    5 man scout

landspeeder typhoon x 2

predator
    whirlwind

BA Forever!!!! For Sanguinus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK I would very rarely put in an honour guard before 2000 points,
    as a general premis you should spend less than 25% of your points total (in 1500 points this means 375 points) on each area of the force org chart with the exception of troops, more than 40% (600 in 1500) should be spent on troops,

With your list:
    Chaplian needs a jump pack, it makes death company more effective

Furiosos - fluffy but too ineffective - they just cant keep up with the rest of BA
    Termies - I wouldnt bother, they are gonna be a fire agnet and are too much of a points sink in less than 2000 points forces

Troops:
    You dont say what weapons, but I suspect you have spent far too few points on troops, I take BA troops in the following formats:

10 man scout squad, BP and CCW, tooled for assult, infiltrate them and use them to support your primary assult troops

10 man marine squad (no heavy weapons, but special weapons, possibly a rhino but probably not) avance up the field laying down fire and support the assult

6 man squad, again no heavy weapons, razorback with TL las cannon - the razorback stays at the back and provide fire support, taking out tanks, the guys foot-slog it up the field to support the assult

Land speeder: OKish
    Whirlwind- fine
    pred- hopefulyl with Las cannons all round?

What I would do therefore (if I was you) would be ditch all my current elites, re arange my troops a little (including adding at least 1 razorback squad and topping up the scout squad to 10 men, then look at adding either a vetran squad or an assult squad, probably add a sanginary high priest to the additional squad if I could get the points (I would bin the speeder if necessary)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Cheredanine said, Honour Guard prior to 2000 points is a no-no, simply beacuse of the cost. But, on the other hand, if you are going beyond, say, 2,500 points or so, go full honor guard. Like this:

1 Force commander with artficer, jump pack, plas pistol, pwr weapon OR fist, and termie honors ... of course, Dante works fine too!
    Give the honor guard squad jump packs, and terminator honours
    7 honor guard, all with bolt pistols, power weapons
    1 Veteran Sergeant, plas pistol, power weapon, termie honours, other wargear you may desire...
    1 Honor guard with a melta or plas gun (either works)
    1 Apothecary, with the requisite Apothecary gear (though it is now standard, with the new codex:space marines), and, you guessed it, a plas pistol and power weapon

Now I freely admit, this is a huge point sink, but deepstrike this behund your enemies lines, and in the next few turns, watch him or her start to cry!
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.</span></span>

<span style='color:blue'>W/L/D
    Imperial Guard 1/1/1</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Blood Angels 1/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You need more and larger scoring units first off. A bunch of small min-maxed tac squads isn&#39;t gonna do it unless you play games with no objectives. Thats my perspective anyway as I *always* play missions and never just "shoot em ups".

Razorbacks are okay but they aren&#39;t scoring units which may be good or bad (Good if they die, bad if they live).

- Furioso can be good with drop pods (Have not tested due to GW&#39;s extremely slow US release on the codex). Otherwise it&#39;s useless and you lost a scoring unit

What I do with BA is a 60 man army with 2x 10 man tac, 2x 6 man tac (Never do 5 man squads) and 1 big scout squad. That gives me 42 models for my troops then I do a chaplain and a 10 man assault squad for 57-60 models. Not many tanks as tanks atm suck I think. Much more effective to keep your lascannon model in cover to get atleast a 5+ save than buy a tank that just gets destroyed with the new rules

If you wanted you could even go a more shooty BA by using chaplain lamartes and get a devestator squad or something which im gonna try out one of these days

Those two landspeeders are okay I suppose but awfully expensive for a missile launcher. Go with tornados as they pack a lot more punch now and as others said, drop the terminators or atleast go with 2 assault cannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I use many men, but not in transport vehicles. A couple of squads in vehicles allows flexibility, whilst my unstoppable advance continues with tactical marines firing special weapons.
    This means that furiosos can keep up with my army. They&#39;re great for tying up low strength power weapon troops, like howling banshees, who have no chance of hurting them whatsoever&#33;&#33;&#33;

+ Reply to Thread