Would This Work - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would This Work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, this is very similar to a post near this one in some aspects, but very different in many others. Anyway I am getting pulled into loving space marines, especially with the new codex. (sorry chaos but i am just a nice guy)
    Anyway, if anyone has seen my idea for an army they already know a little bit ofn this.
    My Army
    Take the fight to them, Heed the wisdom of the ancients

Eye to Eye, We Stand Alone

Anyway my plan would be to move a good sized group of CC marines up in rhinos along with some dreads. I would love to have 6 dreads moving up with them but that is uber expensive and CC needs lots of bodies. Anyway with a little tactics the first wave of marines would hit an enemy line softened up with dread fire and soon after that a good deal of dreads would hit the enemies lines.
    Against a better CC I would hang back and let the dreads soften them up and meneuvure in my line to get the charge.

I know that is pretty basic but it is a general idea. Would it work though, and is it too cheesy. (lots of dreads)

I think it would make a 70% cc and 30% shooty 'ish army.

If that would not work out so well, does anyone have any siggestions of traits and what not. I really like CC, but also like to have at least a little shooty power for flexability.

Traits what not, even set armies one would suggest.

I do not want to play a vanilla army.

p.s. I like tactically challenging armies, so your suggestion can be a little tough to play, just remember I am still a newb.

p.p.s. Sorry if this is a bit confusing... :wacko:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard
    repeatedly. </div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the Blood Angels. But look out for those blood angles&#33;

Interesting concept, but if you like C.C., a furioso would be right up your alley.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, dreads are cool. CC dreads, however, are pretty slow. If you want to take them in an offensive army I&#39;d reccomend that you drop at least a few of them in pods. They wouldn&#39;t arrive in the first turn, probably, so the rest of the army should catch up with them. If you play defensively you can use them as a tactical reserve, dropping them where the line is weakest.
    Another way to help them survive is to make them venerable. I don&#39;t know if you should take any veteran skill however. They sound good, but will eat up even more points.
    Tank Hunter sounds silly on a CC dread, but if you have an assault cannon itt will be heavy 4, S7 against vehicles... It will take care any light vehicles and many heavier ones too.
    Furious Assault sounds nice, +1S +1I on the charge (I think), but dreadnoughts are already strong enough and the enemy isn&#39;t likely to kill him without a powerfist anyway, so the extra I may be useless.

And on to my favourite topic: Fluff, of which you have mentioned NOTHING (GASP&#33;)
    You&#39;ll have to come up with a pretty darn good reason to why they can field so many dreadnoughts&#33; Even an old chapter like the Ultramarines won&#39;t field that many in a single battle (they don&#39;t have the doctrines, that&#39;s how I know :) and for a younger chapter that may be all, or almost all, of the entire chapters dreadnoughts.
    They could of course be an old chapter themselves, not all player created chapters have to be young, and they could be close to a forge world that has the knowledge to build and repair heavily damaged dreads. But they have to have some reason&#33;

PS. Overcannon, it&#39;s spelled armour... :P
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have two reasons for lots of dreads, not sure which to pick. Either they are really really old like you said or another reason.
    Uh yea pardon that fragment. Anyway my other reason is that during the latest black crusade, or maybe just make it an older one they were almost completely wipes out, with many critically wounded heroes. Hence many were created into dreads... Meh I will figure out a really cool and in depth reason.

Anyone got some good fluff ideas, or just more coments?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard
    repeatedly. </div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could just make it an elite army with a lot of 1st company troops. It doesn&#39;t have to be a typical force from the chapter. Maybe the first and third companies (for example) are on a crusade against an alien infested system. You could have lots of dreadnoughts as heavy support, maybe one or two elite dreadnoughts, a veteran/terminator squad, full command squads for characters and terminator veteran sergeants in your other squads.
    Buy the terminators last though as GW is going to release new ones soon (probably)

It is common practice for a chapter to split up to fight many wars at the same time, it&#39;s quite rare for them to be in the same place at the same time. Only a major war like Armageddon or a black crusade is likely to bring an entire chapter.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread