How To Make Your Own Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi im new to warhammer 40k fairly new i know some but is it true that u can create ur own space marine chapters and if so can u creat chaos sm chapters

first q if i can waht units and where do i get them

second q when i get them do the speacil rules apply like if i make my own chapter can i create new speacil rules or stats for them or do the same stats aply for who they are and there just painted diffrently :huh:

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aren't any Chapter making rules that I know of yet, but you might want to try posting this in the Chaos Space Marines section. I think you may have to wait for a new codex or maybe a Chapter Approved book.
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.</span></span>

<span style='color:blue'>W/L/D
    Imperial Guard 1/1/1</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Blood Angels 1/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can customize Space Marine chapters using the rules found in the new Codex: Space Marines. Your first move is to buy a rulebook and Codex: Space Marine.

You don&#39;t actually create new rules, but apply a variety of traits, advantages and disadvantages to your army to make it unique.

I would also suggest you spell check your posts. It makes it easier to read and is very helpful to those L.O. members who don&#39;t speak English as a primary language. No one is looking for perfection, but something a little close to the real word is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Wolf Raider has said you can custimize your army. Im not sure how good it is with normal space marine rules but with my chaos space marine codex there area wide selections on army types. So many infact that I am perfectly able to make a Black Legion Space Wolf theme army. No not khorne I don&#39;t like the rules for them.

I heard tho that with a new chapter approve or something or the new codex you can make pre horus heresy armys or something along the lines of that. Im not sure of the details.

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m not sure if Games Workshop offers this deal elsewhere, but in Australia you can order a "design your own Chapter" pack for &#036;151AUD.

For that you get a copy of the Insignium Astartes: The Uniforms of the Space Marines, liquid poly cement, a pack of Green stuff, files, sand, seven paints of your choice, a standard brush, fine detail brush and a large drybrush.
    If you don&#39;t know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don&#39;t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

dam sap, im gettin on the first plane to australia and gettin that cause as far as i know here in the us we dont get that.
    huhtala, you ask about creating a custom csm chapter, but chaos marines were never broken into chapters like their loyal counterparts.
    your obviously planning on using chaos, so go with a rogue/fallen chapter, much like the fallen angels for your fluff.
    (i know this is way off topic, but the middle is fairly relevent.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by darkreever@Nov 21 2004, 17:12
    dam sap, im gettin on the first plane to australia and gettin that cause as far as i know here in the us we dont get that.
    huhtala, you ask about creating a custom csm chapter, but chaos marines were never broken into chapters like their loyal counterparts.
    your obviously planning on using chaos, so go with a rogue/fallen chapter, much like the fallen angels for your fluff.
    (i know this is way off topic, but the middle is fairly relevent.)
    [snapback]254157[/snapback]
    This was in the back of White Dwarf. Maybe you can still order it, I&#39;m not sure. Email Games Workshop maybe, see if they can do the same deal. We also have a bunch of army deals for the Space Marines... check them out here:

http://oz.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...1362&orignav=10

Oh I forgot, some Chapters have deals that give you some paints, Green Stuff and some basing materials. Plus some other things I forget. Not bad for fifty dollars.
    If you don&#39;t know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don&#39;t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Huhtala_Chaos@Nov 20 2004, 22:56
    hi im new to warhammer 40k fairly new i know some but is it true that u can create ur own space marine chapters and if so can u creat chaos sm chapters

first q if i can waht units and where do i get them

second q when i get them do the speacil rules apply like if i make my own chapter can i create new speacil rules or stats for them or do the same stats aply for who they are and there just painted diffrently :huh:
    [snapback]254132[/snapback]
    Basically get the models from a games workshop store or the internet and get a fairly ballanced group of sm to begin with. Ballance fast attack with heavy support and you will habe a good army to start off with.

For customizing your units just keep in mind that the person you play will have to agree with any abilities or new stats you have given your army so make sure they&#39;re fair. Also be ready to play with them as a normal chapter without the special abilities as some people wont play against customised stats or abilities.

"We refelect all light but the Emperor&#39;s"
    Scythes of Night Space Marine Chapter
    &quot;We reflect all light but the Emperor&#39;s.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/vangaurd/' target='_blank'>Home of the Scythes of Night Space Marine Chapter</a>

+ Reply to Thread