Companies 6-9 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Companies 6-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about adding some reserves to my units from companies 6-9. It would be neat to see them join a regiment that has lost many men in battle.

My only concern is would they just be another unit 10 strong? Personally I would have the reserves fill the places of the fallen men in the existing comapnies units so that they were back to 10 strong.

This way there would be different colored shoulder pads and markings that would add character to the battle company. Has anyone ever seen this, or do people usually stick to one company? Just a thought.

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sounds cool. go ahead with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

well i dont know about intermixing chapter companies, but i aid in running 3 seperate companies(1st,4th,and 8th)
    i dont think you can intermix the companies though, the reserve companies were made to back up the others if a campaign went bad or something like the eot ever occured.
    go ahead with intermixing, it would be cool to see them on the field like that...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's most likely that squads are made up of marines from the same company as much as possible, especially in the middle of a campaign. I think they would keep the squad understrength until they have time to integrate new members properly during training. It's not like a 6-man squad of marines is useless anyway. If the squad were to fall below the accepted size (5 I guess, since you can't play with anything smaller :) the survivors would probably be shuffled around to other squads in the company. I've read bits of fluff suggesting that marines stay together for most of their career, except for casualties and reinforcements of course.

But then again: it's your army, do as you like.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think Space Marines normally do mix their companies together, its not often they fight as a single Company, I don't mean like one squad having members from several different companies, but one force having units from several different companies.

I think its in the Imperial Armour Volume II book that its gives you loads of different tasks forces that have been used for campaigns, they all mox companies. I know that the reserve companies fight along side the battle companies, as this is one of the reasons they are there, although like the 9th company (I think thats the devistator one) which are some times used on their own in fluff to defend areas.

I know that the 1st company nearly never fight as a whole and the 10th company, they just although there are exceptions to this like the battle on the Northern polar defences of Macragge, and there probably are a few others. Probably even some when 10th company fight as a whole, I have not read any thing about the 10th company fightign as a whole but I think they probably have in some chapter some where in the history of the Imperium.

I am basing the fact that they mox their companies up alot off Imperial Armour Volume II and a few other books and I am fairly sure that they are representing what normally happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the late response, been away for a while.

It makes sense that a unit would not intermix with other comapnies...maybe with marines in other units from the same company like 2 tactical squads coming together to make one 10 man squad. Ya, I like that better. I am definately going to make a whole unit from either the 9th company or 6th company. Thanks for the input. Since I have scouts and termis it makes sense that I can have marines from reserve companies join my force.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

+ Reply to Thread