All Infantry Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking about starting IG and i just bought the codex. Do any of you think that an all infantry army would work. I did some calculating and i found that in an 1850 army you could have over 220 troops each squad with a heavy weapon in it. Is that right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tatic is very effective, a player that I know does that and he has never lost simply because no one can kill enough guardsmen or get close enought without having toget hit by over 150 lasguns, also I know its an all infantry based army but ever thought of including heavy weapons platoons?
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you havnt saw it aleady, it worked in the white dwarf battle report not that long ago..i think.... anyway if you didnt see it, orks vs guard, guard had no vehicles what so ever and charged the orks across the battle field and kinda kicked ass in my opinion, anyway not sure what number white dwarf it was but meh.... they also had an immense heavy weapons sqaud blowing the orks apart from what i remember and hehe beating ork killer canz in combat, with their powerfist (Y)
    Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I definatly think this would work. Each squad is 60 points plus one heavy weopon and doctorines. Each squad could be worth less than 100 points. I would use light infantry or Jungle fighters, to spread the troops around and get good lines of fire. It would just be a pain to build and paint, but a helluv a lot of fun to play.

I would miss the fun of bullseye Ordinance Blast though and watching 8 Smurfs get vaped&#33;
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think it would seriously damage the effectiveness if you dropped say, two squads and took a basilisk instead.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make them drop troops : u can drop 55 men platoon, iron discipline, sharpshooters, 7 meltas for 500 pts only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Hermann Morr@Nov 23 2004, 18:58
    Make them drop troops : u can drop 55 men platoon, iron discipline, sharpshooters, 7 meltas for 500 pts only.
    [snapback]256237[/snapback]
    What would it do against troops?

I kind of like the idea of an all infantry, no heavy weapons army. Give each squad a special weapon and run em forward.
    Proud bearer of the Imperial Medal of Anti-Fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, some people might think it is a good idea, but it does have its goods and bads. Having a lot of infantry gives a great amount of firepower. The onle HUGE problem I could of is putting them in their squads before a battle, and keeping track of which squads you have already fired or moved with. In my opinion I wouldn&#39;t, just because the fact of it being hard to manuever your troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run an all infantry IG force. Heck of a lot of fun. There&#39;s also alot of bodybags at then end of the day, but if you&#39;re as cold an Imperial as most, it won&#39;t be an issue. It works even better when I&#39;m supported by Space Marines with thier heavy armor.

I think I&#39;m about 50/50 on win/loss. Its fun to try to get the most out of an all infantry force.

But they do have thier drawbacks. Lots of painting...ugh. I still have well over 100 troops to finish. I think I have about, oh, 170 or so troops total. I never thought about ever running into trouble with losing a squad (or platoon for that matter) when it came to which had moved or shot or whatnot. They all have thier own number and squad markings on them so that the commander knows which one just got slaughtered by Khorne Berserkers.

I&#39;ve never had the entire army (when I&#39;m playing max points) wiped completely off the board in six turns.

Now, I&#39;ve never played with a "conventional" IG army; meaning infantry supported by armor and artillery. And I&#39;ve also never played with a mechanized army or Armored Company. Just a fair warning. Take my comments with the appropriate grain of salt.

Good Luck

Maj Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry
    E Company
    Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas&#39;O Dal&#39;yth Shi&#39;Or&#39;es
    IVth Dal&#39;yth Hunter Cadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... it fits how the IG Legion do it in the books and GW fluff... in the GW universe as an IG you are either specialized, or your infantry as and entire regiment.

For the most part there are few, if any armor units within an Infantry guard regiment. Most of the time its an Entire regiment that is mostly armor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast