Need Help With De - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:o I got a friend who plays Dark eldar, and we are playing a 3000 pt. game this weekend. Can anyone give me some help on how to beat him?? I think he is going to deep strike with tons of witches and Dark lances. I have never beat him <_< , please help&#33;

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Auspexes in every squad.

This way, you will be able to get a free shot if he deep strikes within charging range. Add that to the shot you get on your turn because they cant charge the turn they deep strike and you should be able cut him down to size. In my experience the best way to beat DE is to shoot emm dead&#33;

Try giving your army see, but be not seen. If he deepstrikes his whole army the infilteration will allow you to control the playing field.

5 man termie squads with 2 cyclones would work perfect for this tactic. 10 storm bolter shots and 2 missiles can really put the hurt on a raider. In addition to this putirty seals is a good idea as well. This way you may be able to outrun them when you fall back and be able to shoot again.

There is very little chance of you beating wytches in CC so dont waste the points on it. 1 or 2 counter assault sqauds are fine but try for lots of shooty with auspexes.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Tank hunter heavy bolters will demolish everything in a DE army.. Deep striking units can&#39;t charge, so just shoot them

Remember destroyed transport = auto pin. Yeah darklances are apain, but just dont take much armor. Swarm him with marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with my dark eldar army i always hated it when marines took 10 man unis with heavy bolters in, as it always took loads of dark lances to kill all of them (couldnt do it in a turn) so you keep getting to shoot them with those heavy bolters (usually causing a few casualties, mostly enough to make them flee)

Termies are a good option with those storm bolters, thought they will most certainly attract those dark lances, maybe some demon hunter grey knights? their storm bolters rip apart Dark Eldar + they have to take shrowding to it them which alot of the time they will not be in range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he uses alot of Succubi with agaonizers (which I face alot)
    use the Vindicare Assassin and pick them off one by one.
    KMFDM doing it again, a treat for the freaks.
    Truth or Dare. Are you ready for this?
    We don&#39;t care&#33;
    -Light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring a framing hammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auspexes only let you shoot at infiltrators, not deep striking units. Also, make sure you take assault cannons on any terminators you take. They can penetrate most vehicles in a DA army as well as shooting straight through 4+ armour and it&#39;s rending as a bonus.
    Make sure you read through the 4th. edition vehicle rules too as they are a lot tougher on transported units.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, for all your help&#33; Hopfully I will be able to beat him :lol: . I just got the new rule book, and i am hoping the drop pods will help.

P.S. Happy Thanks Giving

+ Reply to Thread