Space Wolf Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Wolf Lord Reld Rawblood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

I have about 1100 points of Wolves, and i need one more HQ unit, i am thinking of getting a rune priest, and him quite cheap points and use him to cover my long fangs (If i get them.) I am not that rich, so a dred is a bit of saving. so should i buy long fangs or rune priest, or save up for dred. (i can probably get one of these things for christmas)

<a href='http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/archives.php?ep=1072214963' target='_blank'>TSOALR</a>

TSOALR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dread is, at least in my opinion, the far better option for the Pups.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Longfangs were almost as expensive as a dread?? Theres only &#036;5 or &#036;10 difference.

As cool as having a dreadnaught would be, I think the runepriest with the longfangs is a little more flexible.

However, I have a venerable dread (no longfangs) and I love it.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Space Wolf Venerable Dreanoughts are pretty vicious, but a Rune Priest is less of a target, and has psychic powers. You should have some practice games and see which setup you like best.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take the dread.

A dreadnaught, as a HQ. They are, without a doubt, the best HQ in the game that isnt a spec. character. (nightbringer is a Spec. character).
    A wise man once said: Blow me @$$wipe :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If money is a real issue for you, i suggest getting an Iron Priest as a HQ. In the UK he is £4, the RP is £7 in Power Armour and £8 in Termi,and the Ven Dred is £25, all the prices are approximates.

The IP gets 3 attacks in CC, 2 wounds, and has the capability of fixing an imobilized vehicle it is in base to base contact with at the beginning of your turn. He has a bolter and thunder hammer, so is definately worthwhile having in your army, and he wears artificer armour which is a 2+ save&#33;

So less money out of your pocket, points wise not too expensive, and holds his own on the battlefied.

Personally i have an RP and a Ven dred as my hq&#39;s (1500 point army) and an IP as an independant character to lead my Blood Claws, so they don&#39;t have to charge if i don&#39;t want them to.

The RP can&#39;t shoot and call on his psychic ability in the same turn, and it may kill him, wheras the IP can use his special ability, move and shoot/assault.

The Ven Dred would be my reccomendation, as well worth the money and points, but if its beyond your budget, go for IP.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm...Jodfrey...

Iron Priest is an elite choice, not an HQ.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i woul;d go the dread even tho its has a bit of cost behind it these babies can do some damage on the battle field
    P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i realised that when i got home last night and was going through my codex&#33;

That&#39;s what happens when you use an online codex for reference whilst at work - had IP noted down as a HQ. :blush:

If your HQ choice can be a Wolf Guard Hero, or a Wolf Lord, amongst the other options, where do you get these models from? I have yet to see any of these models, apart from in the codex. So is it a case of buy a model you like and converting it with wolf bits? As most players don&#39;t really want to go out and spend £10 on Grimnar or Blackmane, as good as they are.

So back to the original question set by WLRR, which is the best HQ, and for multiple HQ&#39;s who do people use?

Me - as i said before i have a RP and a Ven Dred for a 1200 point army. Want to upgrade the RP to RP in termi armour armed with Force Axe and Lightning Claw, give him 4+ WGBG in termi armour with Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher/Heavy Flamer (not decided yet), one termi with chainfist and SB, and then depending on how big the WGBG troop gets, either CCW or more SB&#39;s.

One thing is for certain, LF&#39;s are not a HQ choice&#33;
    So another question is, can you have more than one RP in your army? They would be two distinct models, with different weapons, but would it be legal?
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Rune Priest is a "0-1" option.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast