Space Marines, Space Marines, Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Black Templar. Their colour scheme grabbed me at first when I was painting my first model but the more I read about them the more I liked - and in Dawn of War I just loved using those Assault marines with their crazy chainswords.

But anyway, most of the people I'll be playing against have... you guessed it, Space Marines. Oh, and Space Marines. And the odd Space Marine army. There is a guy with a Tau, someone with Speed Freeks and another with Tyranids.

None of the Marine players, however, have Black Templar. Most seem to have Blood Angels, but I think one or two have Dark Angels. I know the guy with 'Nids has some Space Marine and Chaos Marine armies, but I'm pretty sure he is selling them.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if Marines versus Marines versus Marines is really that bad. I like Necrons... mainly because no one I'll be playing has them, but I think I like Black Templar better due to that full-on crazy fanatic thing they have going.

I know some people around here collect several armies (or at least have experience with them), so what would you reckon would be the best army to get into the game with and the most fun one to play with?

Oh, I just thought I'd add. If I get them I'd make them very fluffy.

If you don't know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don't.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for some one new to the hobby any army will be brilliant for them, apart from the more speciazlied non codex variants, by that I mean like the White Dawf publications that have variants of the armies. I think most people would go for Space Marines, just because of them being super worriers and stuff, but if they fully understood the background of 40k there would be more people playing different races. Although you can't expect some one jsut starting the hobby to read about all the history before even buying models and deciding what army to collect.

Thats what I think any way.

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by El Barto@Nov 25 2004, 22:16
    I think for some one new to the hobby any army will be brilliant for them, apart from the more speciazlied non codex variants, by that I mean like the White Dawf publications that have variants of the armies. I think most people would go for Space Marines, just because of them being super worriers and stuff, but if they fully understood the background of 40k there would be more people playing different races. Although you can't expect some one jsut starting the hobby to read about all the history before even buying models and deciding what army to collect.

Thats what I think any way.
    [snapback]257495[/snapback]
    I've read Codex: Necrons and know a bit about the Black Templar seeing I already have Codex: Armageddon.
    If you don't know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's more like chaos/marines.

I like the marines because, especially with the new codex, are very versatile and different from one another.

Tau is gaining popularity fast though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the marines especially BA...

But I don't like the Dark Angels... Becouse of their secret past and whole thing about betrayal (Fallen Angels) and Cypher... And their "Hunt down the Fallen" thing. Do they loyal to emperor or do they use the imperium for their hunting needs?

Really think about it...

Inquisition has right to investigate about their past...
    “Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation. We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me.?

Primarch Sanguinius of the Blood Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think youre right when you say you like BTs. They r great with all the vows n stuff, and nothing is meaner in cc
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?blacktemplarguyiscool' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?blacktemplarguyiscool</a> its amazing specially if you play space marines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

I like space marines still and in the past as well . Part of the reason people get bored with armies (a big part) is that they decide their army is only going to do ONE thing and not anything else

Therefore they play only doing 1 thing, and quite often their strategy doesnt work out how they planned and they dont feel like playing anymore

My advice, your fun is directly proportionate to how much effort you put into playing different styles..

Mix up your armies and you&#39;ll play for much longer. EVen with armies such as BA, i&#39;ve tried shooty variants and it was... interesting

+ Reply to Thread