Tips For Beating Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 (x1)

What the title said......

[/QUOTE]If your the last man standing, your not fighting hard enough.[QUOTE]

2. Remove Advertisements

Montreal, Quebec
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x4)

I suppose you want tips for beating tau.

Just use this axiom: Pound thet Tau, Shoot the Kroot

More specifically, the farther you are from the tau the worse off you will be.

Use infiltrators, they work well for me. I would normally suggest deepstrike but then the Tau would have a free shot at you.

What you CAN do is use Drop Pods. Drop pods are vehicules and hence block line of sight. Even if destroyed you can leave it as a wreck and it will still block line of sight. Even if you scatter badlly, you still get to put your models on whichever side YOU choose so you should be able to negate the LOS of the more dangerous things.

Another tactic I like using is Rhinos with devastator squads in them. Sned the rhinos up, they will no doubt be destroyed. However, once they are a wreck you now have a very nice 4+ cover save to shoot out from.

There are many more tactics but I am hesitant to mention them without knowing what chapter you will be playing.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread