Grey Knight Scouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are there no Grey Knight scouts if scouts are space marines who havent recieved all of there enhancements yet? Does this mean that Grey Knights don't get knew recruits or they don't send them out till they have recieved all there enhancements?

'It's Irrational, It's Impossible, It's Against my Religion'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe that all grey knights are the strongest of space marines, so when they recieve a recruit, he is a space marine, and they then turn him into a grey knight.
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Nope, both wrong.

so when they recieve a recruit, he is a space marine, and they then turn him into a grey knight
    Actually, that's how Deathwatch works, hence the DW marines being allowed to keep some of their original chapter's color and insignia.

GK recruit like any other chapter (although they have higher standards, if that's possible). They don't let "unfinished" GK out into the field because of the nature of their foes: you wouldn't want to throw an untrained man against a Bloodthirster! They must be completely conditioned, mentally and physically, before being allowed into the field, at which point they serve as a regular Grey Knight. So basically the standard GK is the newest man on the field. Then they rise to Justicar, Terminator, Brother-Captain, and finally Grandmaster if they're lucky and devote.

They're also trained solely in the holy weaponry of their order, which does not include sniper rifles or their kind. So from the very beginning these guys are mastering the stormbolter/nemesis force weapon combo that they rock all the way up to GM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mEGALOMANIAC is right, tis all on pages 6 and 7 in the Daemonhunter Codex
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the role fufiled by scouts on the battlefield would not be required by GK as they only go into battle when they have a set objective and they if a scouting unit is required IST's and guardsmen could fufil the role. I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the space marines are the recruits, and the grey knights dont need scouts they go into battles, not be there at the start of one, thats why they teleport into battles
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use space marines as allies because they are the frontline and i dont really care what happens too them
    i like too see marines get blown to little tiny pieces even though i am a grey knight collector

TIP:
    step 1) let the space marines go into the enemy lines and slow the assault down
    step 2) get into a combat and then use the grey knight teleport to go behind the attacking enemy and kiss kiss bang bang end of the attackers (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow down there skippy, you mean you use a Space Marine base army or a DH base with space marines allied. If the latter, then you can not use Grey Knights in your army alongside the Space Marines.

[quote=COMMANDER FOSSEGRIMEN,Dec 6 2004, 05:43]
    i use space marines as allies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not invent a holy sniper rifle as they are cool and they may want to shott daemon full of holes while it is miles away + why not have grey knight scouts as people who infiltrate and plant bombs before others telport in kill the daemons they all teleport back and kill all the mortals in ther explosion!!!
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Sneaky%20snail%20sausage%20tail(avoided%20your%20trap%20and%20ate %20it%20cos%20he%20was%20so%20sneaky&#33;)' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Sneaky%20snail%...%20sneaky&#33;)</a>
    please use this hyperlink, it&#39;s not that sneaky but it&#39;s funny&#33;
    &#33;
    My e-mail is ell_7@hotmail.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm holy snipers doesnt sound that likey because as i see it the Gk like to lay the smack CC style to make sure the job is done right. however i would like to see the GK have more heavy weapons. the lack of las and plas is a bit sucky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast