My Plan For My Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Well, now I have to plan out what my army is going to be like. I think I am going for one thing: speed. For my commander I will take a Librarian in Terminator armor, and put him with a squad of Termies w/ Lightning Claws. For fast attack, I will have one squad of attack bikes (which I will be converting, see my other post.) 3 squads of bikes, and 2 squads of Land Speeders with 2 Land Speeders in each squad. I will probably only take 2 tactical squads, but they will each have a rhino transport.

Does anyone have any tips, concerns, or ideas for this army?

Thanks in advance to all replies.

When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you can eliminate the need for tactical squads entirely by taking the swift as the wind advantage from one of the traits. This seems to be the most direct way to get what you want. The terminators seem a little slow for an army that is supposed to be fast, even with deep strike. You may want to consider simply having your librarian with a jump pack or bike leading an assault or bike squad.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

My concern is, what do you want this army to do? Speed really isnt a strategy, its a way to accomplish a strategy

Bikes are still pretty gimpy as they're not that good at assault or shooting and only good if they're built around a solid strategy. I think speed is important but there has to be a point behind it

Being fast just to be fast only means you get rapid fired even quicker

If you wanna be a shooting army, i just think you can get more and better guns without being all fast.. Or an assault army in which jump packs are much better than bikes

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it's going to be an assault army, and i am going to give as many CC weapons to my bikers as possible. i might throw in an assault squad, just to have some fast, mobile infantry. i think my idea will work, as my main enemies will be tyranids. and i also play against guard a lot, so if i get into CC against them quickly i have a better chance of winning.
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a Land Raider in there as well or Land Raider Crusader, and then you can "Rhino Rush" a squad out into the enemy, that way your enemy will not know if the LR© is empty, contains PA troops or termies. If you are wanting a CC army, you have your game plan, get your troops up to the enemy ASAP, but you will need back up, and something that will draw your enemies fire.

If you get a drednaught, you can drop pod onto the field with termies, troops, drednaught and LS, but that's it, so you need to build a good defensive/firing line, to cover them if they are stranded in the open.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

+ Reply to Thread