New Sm Techmarine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I get that he's no loger part of a command squad. Yeah! Now what can I do with him. I want to put him on a bike. have him sit back with my devestator squad (to use the signum). But should the LR take a hit (god forbid) then he hauls his backside over (hence the bike) and voila use's the blessing of the Omnissiah to put it back to rights. Now on to the Cheese what about a full servo-harness while on the bike? Nice drive by flaming or plasma pistle against armor? Now with that servo-harness its a better repair chance so he's doing what a techmarine does. So my big question, is it too cheesy or what? Bit pricy at 130 pts eh?

Ok, like the human torch said "FLAME ON"

breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i like that idea but I wouldn' do it, only because you have to start your movement phase in base contact w/ the LR. And w/ a bike he'd be pretty far away usually. And 6's to repair the LR??? ok u can re-roll but heres what i would do... drop the bike take 3 tech servs and BAM!! You now repair the LR on 3+, and u can re-roll. But that's what i would do.
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

It doesnt matter if its cheesy or not heh.. Someone will call everything you can possibly do cheesy just because they suck at playing

Could be a good combination yeah, might as well try it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Servo-Harness&#39; are not permitted if the Techmarine is in Terminator Armour, has a Jump Pack, or is on a Bike.
    Link to FAQ
    So it isn&#39;t cheesy, just illegal.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I don&#39;t see why one would take Terminator armour, a Jump pack or a Bike in favour over the Servo-harness. It&#39;s actually really cheap, considering all the goodies it packs.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can&#39;t use a bike at all, because when he has a normal servo arm, it is still impossible, and now the servo-arm is permanently part of the techmarines profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get scions of mars trait, techmarine is really cool HQ for shooty army. Cheap, good in fightin&#39; and shootin&#39;.
    And the ground did tremble, as the king marched to war...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by iron_hand@Nov 29 2004, 16:09
    you can&#39;t use a bike at all, because when he has a normal servo arm, it is still impossible, and now the servo-arm is permanently part of the techmarines profile.
    [snapback]260741[/snapback]
    Where does it say that a techmarine with a servo-arm can&#39;t take a bike? Not in the wargear section of the codex, that&#39;s for sure.
    I&#39;ve read that post about the future FAQ. Even though it isn&#39;t completely official, I&#39;d be very careful about doing something it forbids. On the other hand it states that a Ravenwing techmarine CAN take a bike as long as he doesn&#39;t have a servo-harness and although the Ravenwing is a bit special I see no reason why it should be different for other chapters/companies.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Reiterating what someone else has already said, the idea for using a biker techmarine to get to immobilised vehicles is good, but looking at the techmarine he only repairs the vehicle on a 6, even with a re-roll. Id far rather take 2 tech servitors, and then for 20 points, repair on a 4+, maybe with a re-roll for servo-harness. Even without, give it 2 turns and it probably fixed, dirt cheap for 20 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize this is an old thread, but I still want to know. Can I put the techmarine with servo harness on a bike. He&#39;s and independant charecter and gets to buy wargear, ie bike. Now if I wanted to be really cheesy I&#39;d make a side car/platform and put two servitors hanging on it. Or better yet, have the techmarine driving an attack bike with a gun servitor/plasma cannon in the sidecar. :wub:
    breath, sight, squeeze.

now double tap just for grins

and Another One bite's the dust.

A bolter round for all that oppose the Emperor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast