Another Lame "what Should I Get" Post - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But for my new regiment I can't decide what armour to invest in.

I'm tempted to go for a Leman Russ- just the standard one. But I'm also interested in Basilisks.
    It's hard really to go into further detail as my new regiment doesn't even have any infantry in it yet....I need to go down to the cash machine, you see. But I'm thinking of adopting a light fighter doctrine, but there again I'm not entirely sure about that.
    Ideally I'd like my new regiment to serve as a fast response group- ie whenever there's a conflict, they get in there first and take down the enemy as quickly as possible.
    Any ideas?

Imperial XIV Corps:

22nd Emperor's Rangers- 0%
    291st Catachan- 0%
    2nd Naval Regiment- 0%

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take me too seriously: I haven't played a real game yet.

But from surfing the boards here and elsewhere, I'm slowly gleaning that the standard Russ is a good bet. It's cheaper than other armies alternatives, can fire ordnance or a *****-ton of heavy bolter shots, and will shrug off most enemy fire from the front quarter. The bassie is more fragile, and armed with only an ordnance weapon, its not too effective at moving and shooting (Russ can move 6" and still get off 9 HB shots). Hellhound...the Guard shouldn't be getting that close anyhow, and the sheer....well..appealing overkill nature of Guard tanks isn't quite there with the Hellhound. Take a Sisters squad with an Immolator on loan if you really want a flametank.

-Adso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I would take regular russ first. There are too many time when you have to fire directly with a Bassie, or someone is able to take it out with even bolter fire. I like a Russ/Bassie combo though. Hide the Bassie behind the Russ if you don't have good cover.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Leman Russ Battletank is your best all around tank. Down the road get a Basilisk.

Plus, it makes more sense that your light infantry force would be backed up by a tank, instead of slow moving, dug in heavy artillery (a Bassie).
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by GuardinGnome@Nov 30 2004, 03:28
    A Leman Russ Battletank is your best all around tank. Down the road get a Basilisk.

Plus, it makes more sense that your light infantry force would be backed up by a tank, instead of slow moving, dug in heavy artillery (a Bassie).
    [snapback]261255[/snapback]
    Thanks for all your help- it's appreciated. I will probably go for the Russ right now....they seem a good option to go for.
    Imperial XIV Corps:

291st Catachan- 0%
    2nd Naval Regiment- 0%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

1 Russ
    2 Basalisk
    3 Demolisher

that's the order you should purchase your heavies (imo). if you want you can replace the demolisher with another Russ, but i love my Demolisher Las/Plas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost got a Russ today. Unfortunately I didn't have enough.
    So I decided to treat myself and buy a box of cadian shockers.

In my time I've painted around 50 cadians. And the experience has paid off. I've got a snazzy new colour scheme and I've tried highlighting the armour- needless to say, when compared against my old black/green troopers, the new grey guys are so much better....I'll try and get some pictures ASAP. 19 more to go!!

As I'm aiming for a quick insertion force with my new group, I probably will go with Leman Russes over Basilisks. In total I may go for 3 russes and 1 Basilisk.

As a final afterthought- what's the maximum number of sentinels you can field in your army? I really like the Cadian ones, so I'd like to have a few more knocking around.
    Imperial XIV Corps:

291st Catachan- 0%
    2nd Naval Regiment- 0%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max Sentinels: 42 (whoa&#33

3 per command squad so that's 33 (2 CHQ, 6 Troops, 3 Heavy Support) plus the three Fast Attack so add another 9.
    Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Originally posted by Allied_32@Dec 1 2004, 161
    As a final afterthought- what's the maximum number of sentinels you can field in your army? I really like the Cadian ones, so I'd like to have a few more knocking around.
    [snapback]262852[/snapback]

1 squad of 3 attached to the command platoon
    & 3 sqauds of 9 for fast slots.

total 12.

don't forget the command platoon is an "1" army choice. that is to say you must have 1 and only 1. so you can't take 3 command platoons.

+ Reply to Thread