Storm Troopers 50$ Cooler - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i understand it there is no actual model for the IST and it is only suggested that you use the KArskin ST, thus i beleive that the choice of model is up to the individual player. as a result i was comparing the Karskin with the regular Cadian troops and discovered that if i need two squads of IST it would be $50 less to use the regular troopers, i decided that the karskin were not $50 cooler looking and am just wondering what other people think.

Agate's Theorem TM

Awesome + Awesome = Double Awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do what you like. As long as you use "ordinary" guardsmen with some kind of unique paint job (with the red inqusition "I" on them somewhere) to note their special nature (as IST) who'd have a problem with it.

The only thing you might need is something that looks like a hellgun and targeter for the anally WYSIWIG.

P.S. I don't think the guys in "wife-beaters" make a good IST - but maybe that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know what you mean by no actual model for IST and that the Karskin is the only suggested model, look here

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...5137&orignav=10
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

DranZer, those are the old Stormtrooper models, from before IG was composed of all Cadian models. In the US store, they're only for sale in the Classic/Collectors area, and the Inquisition armies have pictures and links to Cadian Kasrkin models as IST.

Agate, it's fine as long as you don't have inducted IG in the same army, because they'll be the same models with different paintjobs. The reasoning behind this is purely WYSIWYG: most players will allow you to use the Cadian models as IST, and say the lasguns are hellguns, because there aren't any contradictions in the army. If you field IST alongside IG, but they're all the same models, then the hellguns and lasguns (and flak & carapace armors) will be represented the same, making for some confusion.

Shaggai, by "guys in wife-beaters" you mean Catachans, right? Most players wouldn't accept those models as IST, as IST have carapace armor and Catachans are, well, in their undershirts ^_^

I think the absolute best models for IST are Armageddon Steel Legion troopers, availible on the US site's Classic/Collectors range. Trenchcoats, helmets, facemasks - very sinister!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for real?! whoa, they still sell them at my GW and they aint in the collecters/classic area, i know most pictures of IST are Kaskrin now, i still like the old ones better though, sorry for my misunderstanding
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the Karskin thing and regret it. I could have double the guys and frankly, that's what's really important here. Then you buy the special weapons.

You can't tell the difference, really. I have a plasma Karskin and a plasma IG and they are very, very close. I do recomend the Karskin vet though, he's one of the best models period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i WOULD use steel legion for IST, but i got them in mind for either platoons or armored fist (depends on scenario.. am i holding one certain central position or am i clensing?) i use karskin w/ the shadish visors, and i perfer them over the other ones (unmasked are ugly to me, and black and blue don't really match the biomasked ones)
    "One thing that intrigues people to fantasy is how different it is from reality. Make sure you remember that difference, and you'll have a wonderful time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how WYSIWYG-rigid your friends are or if you going turney, I'd say no to Steellegion since Stormtroopers have hellguns and Carapacearmour (orcourse there is always conversions).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lasgun works as a hellgun for wysiwyg rules i think, and i dont see why flak armour wouldnt work for caripace, just make sure to give them an appropriately nice paintjob o reflect their higher quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by funnymouth@Dec 9 2004, 19:44
    a lasgun works as a hellgun for wysiwyg rules i think, and i dont see why flak armour wouldnt work for caripace, just make sure to give them an appropriately nice paintjob o reflect their higher quality.
    [snapback]271028[/snapback]
    not really, because hellguns are larger and require the power source on their backs. It would require a lot of converting. I would just buy the new stormtroopers. I did some simple converting on mine and they look great. The only way to get close to a carapace armor look would be to use cadian guardsmen and create some extra armor with green stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast