Commanders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commanders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we all know the new SM commander has come out with a widevariety of weapons. i want to know what do u think is the best weapon combination for him?

Knowledge is power so hide it well

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really is no such thing...alot of people might like lightning claws...alot of people like powerfists...it depends on your enemy, your support, and the points you have to waste

having said that im a fan of lightning claws on a force commander...but that choice is dictated only by the fact im usually outnumbered in assault and the re-roll to wound comes in handy
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave mine lightning claws (x2) and a jetpack, because when he charges he gets I6 and S5, so he can pretty much get his point cost back. Rerolling to wound Eldar on the charge is sweet (oh look I need 2's..)
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave mine one Lightning Claw and a bolt pistol... b/c even tho GW says they should be used in a pair, they only give you one....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

1 lightning claw still lets you reroll to wound which is better against toughness 4+ enemies. Better than a power weapon anyway

In general tho you never want to give independent characters a power fist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In light of my chaplains having been strippped of their free Thunder Hammer (Salamanders), I am back to the much more logical belief that if you are paying the points for a character that has an improved initiative then you should give him a weapon that takes advantage of that fact, leave the power fists for vet sgts so they can't be singled out and killed before they get to swing the thing. If you are worried about your character being able to hurt a vehicle/dread, give them some grenades, while less effective, thay are noticably cheaper than a power fist, or attach a command squad and give the sgt a power fist.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

+ Reply to Thread