I Have Chaos I Need A Second Army But What? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have chaos and they dont seem to have lots of fire power in the heavy department they have good troops which is what i need for now but i will need some artillery later so i have found that IG have the best for that sort of thing also is haveing a second army wrong? so any help would be nice

Thanks BLOBERT

Be the best or die like the rest!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is having a second army good? is your wallet big? the answer should fit both qustions.
    it depends what kind of army you are looking for, and what fluff you like.

an idea is to expand your army to include lost and the damned. completely different style of play, and you can still use some of the models you already have.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not meaning to be spiteful, but the comma is your friend. Makes it hella easier to decypher your posts.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ask whether it's wrong to have a second army - there's people out there who play literally every available army. Now, if you mean whether or not you may just field any 2 armies combined in one battle, though, that'd depend... as far as I know, there is no option for Chaos to induct Traitor Imperial Guard (per se / per codex), and as such it'd be illegal to simply merge lists. Although if you stay true to fluff, people might allow you to field Traitor Guard (which basically is IG fallen to the power of Chaos) alongside Chaos units if you're not exploiting it, but in general, you may not combine army lists from several codices unless specifically stated so (as with Witchhunters and Daemonhunters, for example, which may be inducted to other Imperial Forces). Hope this helps at least a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Malefiz@Dec 1 2004, 17:49
    Now, if you mean whether or not you may just field any 2 armies combined in one battle, though, that'd depend... as far as I know, there is no option for Chaos to induct Traitor Imperial Guard (per se / per codex), and as such it'd be illegal to simply merge lists. Although if you stay true to fluff, people might allow you to field Traitor Guard (which basically is IG fallen to the power of Chaos) alongside Chaos units if you're not exploiting it, but in general, you may not combine army lists from several codices unless specifically stated so (as with Witchhunters and Daemonhunters, for example, which may be inducted to other Imperial Forces).
    [snapback]262636[/snapback]
    which is why i mentioned lost and the damned, which draw troops from codex eye of terror and codex chaos.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To use two armies at once you simply need 1 HQ and 2 troops from each and use different force organisation charts. I'd say either Lost and the Damned or Traitor Imperial Guard [using the IG list] for a completely different playing style and you can ally your armies or fight against each other.
    Signature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by applebone@Dec 1 2004, 18:53
    which is why i mentioned lost and the damned, which draw troops from codex eye of terror and codex chaos.
    [snapback]262640[/snapback]
    True enough, but check that post times. You got ahead of me a minute back there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

well if you want imperial guard heavies with chaos troops, you can always jump on the bandwagon and make an Iron Warrior army...

but if you're genuine about making an IG army, then start off by simply getting 2 boxes of troops. and a heavy weapon box. and a chimera. and a Russ. that'll give you enough to make a legit army, and could double as a LatD.
    it'll give you the flavor of IG w/out breaking the bank... well assuming you have over $100 to drop.

+ Reply to Thread