My Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Chapter

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Well, here is a post about my Space Marine chapter, the Corsairs of Pech. For those of you who do not know, Pech is the homeworld of the Kroot.

The background info on this chapter is that they were Dark Angels who were stranded on Pech, and had to re-build their strength to fight off the Kroot. They grew accustomed to the planet, and finally became allies with the Tau and Kroot, rallying more support from nearby men. The Kroot presented them with riding-lizards, which replaced bikes. They also replaced many of their transport tanks with smaller, faster, more maneuverable, 4 wheeled vehicles, to fight more easily on the barren deserts. The Corsairs helped the Kroot defend their planet from Imperial attacks on the planet. Though considered heretics by the Imperium, they are friends of the Tau Empire and devout followers of the Greater Good.

Styles of fighting: The Corsairs of Pech rely on speed for their strength. They have many lizard riders, and they use large numbers of Land Speeders and 4 wheeled vehicles to fight. Their few infantry use the 4 wheelers and modified Land Speeder transports for maneuverability.

This army which I am going to begin work on after Christmas, will be heavily converted. I will make the lizards from Lizardmen Cold Ones. The 4 wheeler will be a Land Speeder with a transport platform on the back. The Land Speeder transport will be the same, just on a flying base, and with no wheels.

Enjoy, feel free to copy. (I kinda copied some of the things myself.) And post any comments.

-KhorneOnTheKob20

When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

sounds fun, but i hope your not planning on having anything to do with the inperium, and are you gonna replace the bolters because eventuelly they will run out of ammo.
    im a great fan of 4 wheeled land speeders, they being called land speeders not air speeders so go for it and cuddos to you.
    ive only got one real problem with your chapter, how many dark angels became this new chapter, i mean most sm that fall below one company will not be able to go back to full strength ever.
    but other than that it was cool, my ec are no longer alone as loner marines...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Not wanting to be a naysayer, but how likely would it be for Dark Angels (or SM in general) to reject the Imperium, or ally themselves with Tau and Kroot. Also, they would have had extremely limited supplies, not just of arms and armour, but of geneseed, and the neccesary equipment to implant it into initiates.

OTT: Land Speeders (and Land Raiders) are named after Arkhan (sp) Land, who discovered the STC designs for them.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Another issue I see with that is that it's really friggin unlikely a chapter ended up that close to the heart of Tau territory unless they arrived more then 1,000 years ago,when the Tau where still throwin' spears at eachother,and were assimilated when the Tau expanded their empire.You can work the fluff though if you put some thought into it,I've already thought up the entire backround and history from just what you've given me.I would'nt make them DA though..they're just less likely to abandon the Imperium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as has been said: Dark Angels are extremely unlikely to ally with kroot and tau, they are just too fanatical. The chaplains would rather execute every last one of them himself. You have to remember that space marines are the kind of people who go and ask to be executed themselves...

If you really HAVE to go with this idea, I suggest you base it on a less known second (or later) founding chapter, preferably descendant from one of the less known first founding chapters. The less background there is about them the better, that way it will be harder for people to argue that it's impossible (although it still is :) Maybe something like the Skull Bearers or Dark Hands. (who are they? Exactly!)
    You could also come up with a chapter of your own.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

besides DA are way to busy with hunting the Fallen so they won't go anywhere near Tau space cause it is to far away from their duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Make em chaos marines, then its at least half believable. One of the chapters that doesnt worship the warp (that would be pushing it), but are still evil, something like Night Lords or Iron Warriors.

Then at least you could make a believable background

"The stranded chaos warband, tired and hunted by their foes, were marooned on Pech...blah blah blah.....they fought the Imperial sheerly for their own hatred, but the Tau saw value in their skill and offered them a place in their empire.....blah blah blah....the marines saw the chance to make powerful allies and carry on their fight against the imperium"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

Or remnants from the renegade marines in the Badab war, from memory, the Maelstrom is fairly close to Tau space (relatively speaking).
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are all very right. i really like addorans idea...maybe a chaos chapter of night lords that was stranded on pech and admitted to tau society and had an ally to fight the imperium. i hate to break it to you followers of the emperor, but chaos forum HERE I COME!!! well maybe..lol...
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

+ Reply to Thread