Space Marine Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading the codex and it says that the terminology for "Grey Knights" includes: Terminators, Grey Knights, Heroes and the like, but in the Allies section it says that Space Marines cannot be used when Grey Knights are presents.
    So how come it has in the picture section a force of Crimson Fists with Grey Knight Terminators included? Wouldn't that be illegal? cause if its not im going out and buying some termies to add to my already existing SM army.

Come to think of it I might start Grey Knights too! Good Idea, hmmm what can you use as Armoured fist squads? Maybe normal cadians

Thanks

Cozdog

Librarian Crisious of the Storm Guard has unimaginable power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Ok, it's very simple really:

If your army is base-Daemonhunters, and includes GK, you cannot induct SM. This is purely on fluff reasons, as the GK are kept a secret from most of the Imperium. IG can just be killed after being used with GK, but SM are too valuable to waste in that way. Also, its a matter of pride - the GK never need to call in the SM, because the GK can do it themselves. IG are just used as bodies & heavy weapons.

If your army is base-SM, you CAN ally some GK into it. Page 21 of the DH codex, the grey box in the bottom right corner details what DH/GK units you can use, and how many. It's odd, because it almost contradicts the fluff above, but this way, the army list represents SM on the scene who called for Inquisition help when they discovered a Daemonic presence. The SM will be mindwiped after the battle is done (brutal, but the GK like to be a secret).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Megalo is correct. And just so you know, this is all clearly stated in the Dh Codex.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can you or can you not Bring a Squad of Daemon Hunter Terminators in my SM army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

So can you or can you not Bring a Squad of Daemon Hunter Terminators in my SM army?
    You know, I even bolded the text that answered that question in my first reply...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but "some daemonhunters" does not clarify it too much, dont you recon?
    and do you use Cadian Models for Armoured Fists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

yeah but "some daemonhunters" does not clarify it too much, dont you recon?
    I never mentioned "some daemonhunters". I said, it plain english, "If your army is base-SM, you CAN ally some GK into it." And since that was your exact question, I thought I was clear.

You can use whatever IG models you want for Armored Fists. Cadians are the cheapest and therefore, the most used. If you have extra money, I'd suggest using Steel Legion troopers, they look like they belong in the Inquisition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SM will be mindwiped after the battle is done (brutal, but the GK like to be a secret).
    does this fluff, and the ones about killing Guardsmen, the same for SoB when they finish a battle with GK (if included)?
    Armies:
    [40k] - Dark Eldar
    ========================================
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-Signature.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

SM are considered too expensive to kill because of the implants and amount of time spent training them. SoB don't have implants (or do they? I don't *think* they do), so I'd say they're a lot easier to replace, and hence probably killed like Guardsmen are. But that's completely based on my conclusion from GW's not-so-consistent fluff. Another view is that since they're technically members of the Inquisition, SoB know all about the existance of GK and don't have to be killed OR mindwiped. Really, you'd have to talk to GW on that one, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast