Need Help Configuring Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im relatively new to 40k so bear with me here.
    i did a search and didnt really find any thing that answered most of my questions.
    so..here they are.
    i made my own marines chapter....i like to call them... "chapter: name pending".. any ways. (honestly i hevnt decided on one yet. )
    here is what i have so far

HQ
    -Chaplain - terminator armour, crozius, storm bolter, rosarius, homer.
    Elites
    -Terminator assult squad - a sarge, and 4 lightning claws
    -D'nought- heavy flamer, assult cannon, smoke, armour, blah
    Troops
    -Tac Squad- vet sarge, 1 flamer(haha), and 8 bolters
    -tac squad- same as above
    -Scout dudes - sarge, 4 sniper rifles.
    Fast Attack
    -Assult Squad- sarge, 2 plasmas, 7 normal
    Heavy Support
    -devastators - sargent, 4 rockets
    -predator destructor - heavy bolters, armour, HK, smoke
    -whirlwind - armour, fog

is this fine? any suggestions?
    next. i cant seem to take out a bloke i know and his freakin eldar force, i have changed my force several times and it never works. i can usually take him in a city fight, but anything else is just BlaH! help? ideas?

and finally, i am in dire need of mk6 heads, any suggestions as to how i can go about getting those buggers would be brilliant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime i've played eldar and taken a devastator squad i've used 4 heavy bolters. just the sheer number of shots is good for taking out aspect warriors, guardians etc. They cant pass that many saves!

I would drop the storm bolter from the chaplain and give him a jump pack. By putting him the assault squad you can use his re-roll ability to better effect.

Why doesn't your terminator sergeant have LC? you may as well since it doesn't cost anymore points.

Maybe include a plasma gun or meltagun in your tactical squad. It will be usefull for tank hunting or taking out tough/well armoured troops.

what does your opponent use in his army? If he has howling banshee's be carefull not to engage these in close combat. they will hit before you and are all armed with power weapons. Gun them down! I havn't had a great deal of experience against Eldar so thats all the advice i can give sorry hope i helped in some way. good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes rockin an avatar, seer council, warp spiders, banshees, wraithlords, wraith gaurds, several worlocks, a freakin wave serpeant, one of thos walkers maby, im not sure what the rest of his units are called...this might have something to do with why i dont play eldar hahah
    oh well
    any help is appreciated and the mk6 "beaky" heads are still something i am really looking for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are lucky to be facing an Eldar army with only 1 skimmer. I would strongly recommend that you get a small devastator squad with lascannons and drop the Whirlwind. Use all your ranged weaponry on his wave serpent right away since it is filled with things that will hurt you. Since you have nothing to deal with Wraithlords in colse combat, make them your devastators next target.

I like the dred but if you feel the need for more fire power, slap the missles on. IMO, a dred with a lascannon is too much of a target but since your opponent doesn't have a Falcon, Prism cannon or Vypers with those big guns, a lascannon might work.

Have your scouts shoot the Avatar is possible. His high save is good for snipers unlike the Wraithlords 3+. Hope your sgt has a bolter or sniper rifle. Add a heavy bolter for good measure, 3 shots with S5 does a lot against stuff.

Have his army come to you. Stay put and spray them with everything you got. This means that you should buy some heavy bolter blister packs and add them to your tactical squads. Drop the flamers and add a bolter, AP 5 is devastating for Eldar. Hope your sgts have bolters.

Once they are getting close to your line, deep strike your termis infront of your chappy. This way your termis survive longer and are not being shot at.

Have your assult marines hold back until you need them to support a unit that is going to face a whole lot of trouble. Keep them out of sight.

Hope this helps, kill those Eldar scum!!
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he said :)

Other than that; give the chaplains homer to the assault sergeant (he has to be a veteran though), the chaplain won't have any use for it if he wants to deepstrike. If you're playing defensively, hold back the assault squad and beam in the terminators a turn before the enemy arrives, on the offence you jump forwards and beam them down behind some cover as far forward as possible.

You could keep the assault cannon on the dread and instead upgrade him to a venerable with tank hunters and give him a missile launcher. You'll get S7 heavy 4 AP4 rending and a missile on strength 9 against vehicles, guaranteed to take out anything Eldar! The rending and the missile should put some hurt on his dreadnougts and the AP4 of the assault cannon will drop guardians and some of the aspects like flies.
    "Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence!" - Commander Fleyitch
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread