Resilience - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resilience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this sounds really REALLY noobish (I am a noob, only played 2 real games, lost both of them, and forget rules most of the times), but I have noticed that the space mariens are very resilient, even if they get hit by artillery, there armor saves usually bail them out. Now, against super artillery, like basilisks, I can see them having some problems, but over all they are very durable. How do you, as an individual player, utilize this strength of the marines?

<span style='color:blue'> Die Infantrie -
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -
    The Queens of the Services</span>

<span style='color:red'>Durch Wehrwillen zur Wehrkraft

Through military will to military strength</span>

<span style='color:gray'> &quot;In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine&quot;
    -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends who i am against, you see against swarm armies marines dont have the numbers to hold them in close combat so i shoot like hell, against shooty armies i tend to wanna drop and use there armro to help hold the front.
    P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

yes, marines are known for their versitility and durablility... but as a novice SM captain and a veteran IG general... i have one piece of advice. don&#39;t get overconfident in your armor.

yeah, 3+ is awsome (coming from 5+ it&#39;s very different&#33. but having fought SM players (and won more than i lost), all i have too say is that there are many things that will ignore you save alltogehter.

the moral? use cover. the great thing about marines is that you can survive w/out cover. but when the Missles and BattleCannons start pounding away, you&#39;ll be glad you took the time to move into the bunker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t like being outnumbered (not too much at least), so I only get troops. No vehicles. My old 2k point list had around 80 Marines in it. :ph34r:

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed that, too. Since you have some of the best infantry in the game, use that too your advantage. Also, you just need some meat to soak up enemy fire. Otherwise, they can target almost every unit in your entire army, and no matter how good they are, you will die. So, yes, I agree, do not overestimate the armor (although against arty it is pretty awesome), but, also, get lots of bodies.
    <span style='color:blue'> Die Infantrie -
    Die Konigin Aller Waffen

The Infantry -
    The Queens of the Services</span>

<span style='color:red'>Durch Wehrwillen zur Wehrkraft

Through military will to military strength</span>

<span style='color:gray'> &quot;In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine&quot;
    -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel</span>

+ Reply to Thread