The U90 Assault Cannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just re-read "The guns of Tanith" the other day and while looking at my brothers Ork sprues realized that the most un-orky shoota gun(the one with the drum magazine) looks EXACTLY like the U90 Assault Cannon special weapon is described as given to the Tanith assasination teams in the novel to fight the Ixotal aliens.

For those that havent read the books the U90 is described as a bulky rapid fire gunpowder weapon, smaller than a heavy weapon but much heavier than a standard lasgun. They are rare, and hard to maintain and manufacture but sometimes assigned to IG units for special missions. It can hold standard stub rounds but they are also given armor-piercing explosive tipped rounds to kill the Ixotals who are immune to laser fire. It can be fired by a single man, which puts it in the assault weapons category

I am dying to convert a guardsman to use this gun, in Kill Team if nothing else, so IĀ“m wondering if any of you would like to chip in with suggestions for a fair and balanced stat line for a weapon like this. I was thinking a scaled down version for the standard rounds and then maybe you could purchase the AP-EX ammo as an upgrade with higher S and AP

So, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could use the grenade launcher stats?

Krak = the AP rounds

Frag = instead of a template, you get three shots like a bolter.

Atleast you know the grenade launcher stats are tried and true. Just a shot in the dark, sounds like a cool weapon.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description (read the book but I can't quite remember) sounds a lot like a machinegun or heavy automatic rifle with a drum magazine. Knowing 40k it will probably be around 12.5mm or so in caliber :)
    You could use count it as a grenade launcher, heavy stubber or a storm bolter (but then only officers can have them)
    If you invent your own rules it would be smart to have "backup" rules you can use with new opponents or in tournaments.

Here's my proposal:
    Code:
    U90 Assault Cannon - 12pts
    Hollow-point 24"  S5  AP6  Assault 2
    AP-EX     24"  S4  AP4  Heavy 2
    It would be taken instead of a special weapon in veteran and storm trooper squads. The points cost might seem a little low but it's 150% of a plasmagun (IIRC), and it's not THAT much better than one :)
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since they are rare and that they have to be protable, make it Rending, since its a form of an assault cannon it makes sense, so heres the trenght 5 its not as big as it should be put it is portable, and also ap 4 its an assault weapon with special rounds so here it is STR. 5 AP.4 Rending
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and its rapid fire, so its STR. 5 AP. 4 Rending for 15 points

15 points because it is a rare weapon
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

+ Reply to Thread