New Campagn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Campagn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have recently been invited to join in the Galaxy of Damnation with the flowing changes

1. 500 points
    2. 1 Troop Choice required, no HQ
    3. Army build is 1-6 troops, 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Fast Attack, 0-1 Heavy, 0-1 Elite
    4. No 2+ saves
    5. No models with more than 2 wounds
    6. Vehicles must have no more than 34 armor (side + front + back)

i thought this was a bit extreme in that it limits my army in a great many ways, i was wondering how you all would handle these limitations

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in other words your playing a 'Combat Patrol' or '40k in 40mins'

Depends on whether you want to play GK or Inquisitor. Which do you play and what do you own?

With Inquisitor, go for a cheapish CC Inq, and then load up on Stormtroopers to get men on the table and give them special weapons.

For pure GK. Just get as many PAGK as possible. Shrouding keeps you safe adn you've got some Power weapon attacks from your justicars. ANy small tanks you do go against should be penetrated by your S6 GK.

I'd wait for some more expierienced GK player to reply as well, since I've only looked at the DH codex.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Archaon basically hit the nail on the head. DH is a difficult army to play at 500pts, because the entire force is made up of elite troops, which are kinda expensive :glare:

Anyways, like he said, you have to decide if you're using GK. If not, the list'll be very simple. 2 units of IST, 2x special weapons each. Transports if you want them, I'd prefer Chimeras for the firepower. Take an Inquisitor w/o retinue instead of a Vet in one of the IST squads (same cost), and you can get yourself an assassin. Death Cultists tear up in 500pt games, no one expects the kind of pain they usually bring.

If you want GK, then you'll be playing with a 10-15 or so model list. I'd take two squads. Give one squad a psycannon or incinerator, just one. Leave the other squad without special weapons. If you have the points, take psycannon bolts on the Justicars. That's about it. Don't worry much about tanks - your troops'll hit with S6, so you can glance AV12 with just your normal attacks, which is probably the highest you'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well yu cant takean inq without ret and an assassin (elite 0-1) so take a lord with a small (and cheep) retinue. i dont know if id get an assassin in such a small game, id go with numbers, i like the transports, be ware if you only use sts though, i did just that in a 500 points game and went up against some sisters tricked out with heavy flamers, all of them became bar-b-q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

well yu cant takean inq without ret and an assassin (elite 0-1) so take a lord with a small (and cheep) retinue
    You're completely right, I missed the 0-1 Elite rule that falling mentioned. In that case, I'd really suggest not taking any Inquisitor Lord/Assassin combos, just focus on Troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the rules says max 2 wounds, the Inq Lord has more. So We can't have any HQ at all (don't need one though). Ist's with special weapons, chimeras and a small squad of GK is what I'd take. maybe join an inq with power weapon/bp to a squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after some careful; thought here is my advice: DONT ds, any round without gk will kill you b/chalf your points wont be on the table. a unit of gk has come in handy in small games for me (just do 5 or 6, no special weapons - a psycannon is tempting though b/c of shrouding, but pricy! (for only a few more points you could have another transport). load up on stormies, id take one unit with gre4nades (good for horde forces, shooting on the move and not completely useless against marines) for the second unit use plasma or melta. stick the latter unit in a chimera. with this unit i would use a elite inq tooled as hard as you can get him within reason (i like power armour plasma pistol power sword/ cc weapon (i like an evicerator here) and a refractor/iotj/bionics, i also like digi weps if i give him an evicerator for the high i no save hit). chances are youll be on a small board, id give the chimera a heavy flamer for the auto hit template goodness. an emps tarot can help a lot in small points games (first turn you can do a bunch of damage if you work it right, and that will in turn keep ypur guys alive longer) you might even have points left for a 4th squad. screen your gk behind the chimera alongside the naders and try to take a flank, get the gk in to cc (duh) have the plsma unit set up as a firebase with the chimera- go hunting with the inq or leave him as a support guy (in whioch caser i would suggest a more shooty model-really though you could equip this guy to take out a specific badie (i like the thought of one with an incinerator) but thats just what id do....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to all it seams that there are two schools of thought hear, the first being that using storm troupers would be my best bet. the other would be that the heavy use of GK (well as heavy as a 500 point game can provide)will ensure victory. i am leading towards the second option my self. i thought that perhaps if i told you the army's that ill be up ageist then perhaps that would influence your opinion, orks, necrons, and tau most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Well, if those are your foes, I'd say mainly GK. Why? Because you're not likely to meet up against any real armor in such small games against those armies, and if there are any vehicles, they'll be AV10-12, which GK can break in close combat easily. Also, two of those three armies are lightly armored, so your stormbolters'll tear them to pieces. Necrons are just a pain - power weapons or high S guns are really the way to go on them, so you'd do ok with IST or GK there (although I'd rather give 'em a bunch of S6 attacks than shoot them once or twice).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the list it boild down to, just thought i would post for any one that was intrested

elite
    1) inquisitor w/ psycannon
    henchmen
    2 sages
    3 gun servitors w/ heavy bolters
    troops
    2) 7GK 1GKJ
    heavy support
    3) GK dreadnought w/ assault cannon, extra armour, 1 hunter killer missile

i plan on using the inquisitor and his henchmen as my range support for my GK
    the dreadnought is my trump card, i dont think any one will bring anti armor to such a small battle but if thay do ill use the hunter killer missile to put a nice little hole in their force

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast