I Wish To Have Advice On Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im going to start up a space marine army and want a little advice as to how many terminaters I should have. I kinda really like them so im kinda looking at getting
    10 - 2 squads. I like to hit fast and Hard so I thought they would be a good choise for that and there very well armoured with a good save. I know there high in points and that thats there downside. But hey there worth it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

IMO it depends very much on how big your army is... A smaller army (1,500pts) should not have more than one squad of five but larger forces can have more although I wouldn't recommend more than two squads.

Personally, I have two squads of Termies with varied weapons. One squad has ranged weapons whereas the other squad has only lightning claws and thunder hammers/storm shields.

Depending on your opponent it's nice to have variation but it's been ages since I fielded ALL my Termies at once...

They are very expensive points-wise and you shouldn't underestimate Tactical Squads...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it alos depends on yur chapter. for my salamanders i can onyl have thunder ahmmers and storm shileds or powerist and heavy flamers. it also depends on yur stly eof play...do u like assulty orshooty? temrinators are really good at both.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the mission allows it, deep strike them into the fray. A squad of termies can stand up to a tremendous amount of firepower whilst dealing a heap of it back. They are good at both HTH and shooting but you pay a premium for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Just kicking this to the forum it belongs .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you should get a 5 man squad all with lightning claws except he seargeant. sit them in a land raider and rush into the enemy lines. this way you can dissembark them and cause havoc in combat whilst destroying your opponents tank with the land raider.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend uses the following terror tactics with his Termies... (note he plays Black Templar rules...)

7 man Termie assault squad with a good mix of LC and Thunderhammer Storm Shield...
    An Emperor&#39;s Champion
    All mounted in a Land Raider Crusader

It is a terrifying thing to see the Crusader streak across the field ready to unload it&#39;s lethal cargo... and because of the Crusader&#39;s rules it can lay down an intense amount of firepower on the way.

The only caution I have is that a well placed Ordanance hit can destroy like 800 points in a single shot. This actually happened to him in a Tourny, and he could never recover from the loss... but that was the only game in the tourny he lost, so its a gamble but it can be devastating...
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ve found termies to be most usefull in a shooty army. They all have a storm bolter and a power fist except for the sarge. Thier excellent at mowing down charging orks or tyranids or even imperial gaurd. then when the enemy is in charging range charge and defend your other men. Terminators are also good at attracting fire thats why you must keep the seperate from the core army. NEVER DEEPSTRIKE THEM its a waste of points and a good risk of them not doing anything Power weapons butcher them. <:>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Yeah... And never get them into CC with Ork slugga boyz either... Their choppas will make your Termies into squigfood...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

assault termies are good but be sure you could suport them with some hot plasma stuf. If you can put them in a cruisader.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast