Opponents...whoose The Toughest? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I just got my first round of IG. We still have fairly small games. 400 points is all. I could have more but he couldn't. I just got destroyed by his autocannon's and heavy bolters. I wasn't allowed to use Deep Strike and that may have been a HUGE part. I was wondering who people like to go up against as DH and who is toughest.

BTW - Sorry if I post too much! :huh:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ORKS, is the toughest cuz we is green an mean...

WAAAGH!

Warlord Hakbash
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not too intelligent though eh? haha...just given ya a hard time...gotta love the green dudes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, first, GK Terminators and Fast Attack can *ALWAYS* deep strike, regardless of whatever rules the scenario call for. As a GK player I always insist on that, even if I don't plan to use my terminators in a Deep Strike role. It is an option you get, before the battle, to help keep your army flexible.

Second, 400 points is, unfortunately, very difficult for a pure GK army. You get 2 5-man squads and a GK hero with minimum retinue (14 men total). It will likely get wiped out really early against any shooty army because in order to do anything you must close in (especially if you're just playing a stright-up fight and not a scenario)

As far as my favorite opponents...

Tau. I can beat them in shooting if I take a shooty GK army (shrouding is wonderful) and can beat them in CC if I can get in/Deep strike close.

CC Chaos. Beat them up as they approach, then match them in CC. Helps if you can charge them, though so you go first (most chaos CC armies take furious charge, or whatever it is that gives +1 I on the charge) if you've got your hero with sacred incense in the battle.

Space Wolves. Ha! These puppies wish they could be like GK. They fall short in every way.. much like CC oriented chaos except I can't use any of my nifty wargear so I just take more troops to shoot with. In 5 battles I have never lost to a space wolf player. Burn the corrupted heretics!

Least favorite:

Necrons w/monolith. I have a hard enough time killing predators, and you want me to kill this AV 14 cuisinart monster that can automatically shoot at every one of my units within 12" and costs less than a Land Raider? Good grief...

Dark Eldar. I only played one game against them (so maybe it biased me), and the scenario was breakout with me trying to contain him.. so the scenario was mucho in his favor. Still, his wyches went through my GK like warm butter and before I could even strike back. <shudder> I thought GK were good in CC....

Other:
    I have never fought Tyranids or Orks. I am thinking GK should be able to do well against them, however. Depending on the armies, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That&#39;s very interesting what you say about Space Wolves&#33; I&#39;ve heard that they are very good&#33; In fact I&#39;ve heard that they are incredibly good&#33; Almost unstoppably good&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Daemonhunters will wipe the floor with Tau 90% of the time cause of freakin&#39; Shrouding. I HATE SHROUDING SO F&#33;*^&%&#036; MUCH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m sure you do. The max you would be able to shoot is 56" I think. An average roll is between 27" - 36". That hurts a lot of stuff&#33; I can&#39;t wait. My friend is buyin a basilisk for IG force...haha...120", I don&#39;t think so&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t get me wrong, SW are good, but they seem to play right into the strengths of GK. SW are really a CC army, but without a lot of the fancy mutations and marks and stuff that Chaos get, and not as high an I as DE.

Standard GK basically have 2 S6 CC attacks.
    Standard CC SW have 2 S4 CC attacks.

Same saves

Standard GK have storm bolters (24", 2 shots)
    Standard CC SW have bolt pistols (12" one shot)

I&#39;m not sure about the I of SW, but I&#39;m pretty sure it is the same as GK.

So, SW are basically GK wannabes. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, they&#39;re Grey Knights Liteâ„¢. Most of the starch for half the points&#33; Or a little more than half. Diferent special rules, too.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, SW are to GK what marines (Starcraft) are to Golaiths. Trust me, I&#39;m weird, but I know my comparisons.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast