Conscipt Platoons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

O.K. I am the first to admit IG is not the best CC army in 40k, and usually tool mine Tank, and HW heavy. But usually, I get some sort of enemy squad that is able to assault my lines somewhere, and I have a fard time stopping it. Last week 4 assault Marines killed 30 of my troops!.

So Yesterday I tooled my Command squad to "counterattack" HSO with Carapace, Fist, Commissar Power Sword, Techpiest with "honorifica". It got wiped by a Vanilla Ultramarine Squad, agreed I had some bad saving roles.

How well does conscript platoons do in protecting the "base" as it were? Do find it effective, and if so what are some good tactics?

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Hmmm....conscripts......Yes. Against normal Space marines - (Y)
    They work well, mainly because of the whole "50 of them" thing. A good tactic is to take the Independant Commissars Doctrine, and put him in the squad with a Power Fist. your enemy is slowly hacking away the conscripts, they are staying put cos of the Ld10, and you commissar is battering them with his power fist.

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

conscripts used to be good for three things: screening, CC, and taking objectives. now they're only good for 2 things... CC and objectives.

and the CC is a lil scary since the sweeping advance rule is back...

if you decide to use conscripts, i suggest taking 30 of them. make sure they're either next to a officer or have an IC w/ them. because with out that.. they'll run faster than a scared grot.

but apart from being sweeped, they do pretty good at CC and holding objectives.

there's virtually no objective that a 50man conscript squad can't hold!

+ Reply to Thread