Land Raiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Raiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am thinking of gettting another tanks for my blood angels...i only have one...a rhino...and a dread but i want a tank with fire power so i was thinking a landraider crusader but i am unsure of there points value...i mean i dont know if they are worth it...so are they?

P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the same position as you, I want a Land Raider... but everytime I look at it I end up getting something else. 250+ pts is alot for a vehicle that could be destroyed in one shot. However the otherday it took me 6 turns to kill an armor 13 vehicle. I would say in a 1500 pts or over it would be okay, but still a pts drain in my opinion. I think a LRC would be a better buy since you could move from behind cover and unload all your weapons (hmm linked assault cannon).
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A landraider is very strong and has good fire power, but it's not worth 250 points. Why not just get 5 rhinos, 2 vindicators, or a pred and some troops? :hmm: They're good in big games (2000+ points) to carry around expensive command squads, but in smaller games they can really eat points. Land reaiders are also the only transport for terminators so you often see expensive troops in an expensive transport! Which is not always the best option.

Overall, don't get one unless you really want to, or have a good plan for it.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a rare occasion that I use my Land Raider. When I do it either tends to do very well or get lascannoned/railguned first turn and being 250 vp for the enemy. If you still have a smallish army I would reccomend getting rhinos, razorbacks and predators first. You can get more firepower out of a predator for half the cost of a land raider, with nearly as much survivability. If you do get the raider, then make sure you use it as the transport it is and not a rolling bunker.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

like everyone thus far has said, go with a pred instead.
    actually for the same price(rounding) you could get 2 preds,one of each type, and be more effective than a lr even without the transport option.

you also get the option of toting 5 lascannons, 1 autocannon, and 2 storm bolters on vehicles with 13 armour in front.
    with the two vehicles your enemy needs to decide which one is the bigger threat, but they are equal in that case, so they make can take alot and are your tank hunter\infantry stopper...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

landraider is only good as a transport as it can't do both very well.. It' sbetter than a rhino, but im not sure if its better than *5*.. All in all, i dont use tanks much anymore i rather just jump pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i think they are a BIG point drain in 1500 point games, but would be ok to use in 2000 point games for a standard codex army, or RavenWing or DeathWing or Salamanders.

For other armys, you will be more effective sticking wth character, and buying somthing more useful, for example

Space wolves: Blood Claws
    Raven Gaurd: Another Assault Sqaud
    Blood ANgels: Death Company

Lynx
    A wise man once said: Blow me @$$wipe :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lynx@Dec 14 2004, 14:55
    personally i think they are a BIG point drain in 1500 point games, but would be ok to use in 2000 point games for a standard codex army, or RavenWing or DeathWing or Salamanders.

For other armys, you will be more effective sticking wth character, and buying somthing more useful, for example

Space wolves: Blood Claws
    Raven Gaurd: Another Assault Sqaud
    Blood ANgels: Death Company

Lynx
    [snapback]274895[/snapback]
    i can only have 9 death company because i am using a rhino...because i dont have the jump packs for wysiwyg
    so i thinkyou need to think hard about what you say...
    P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for Space Wolves instead of getting more Bloodclaws in place of a Land Raider, you'd be better off getting Rhinos for the Blood Claws you are already taking. Even if your rhino blows up early in the game, its usually good for atleast one 12 inch move and then a smoke screen.

However, I am considering getting a Land Raider Crusader for my Inquisitor and his Retninue. He likes to travel in style and make an impression.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play SW and have an LRC in my 1500 point army. Depending on my tactics, i either put BC's, GH, or termies in it, to get close to the enemy and use it as a rhino rush.

It is a points sink, and a fire magnet, but that is why you have other troops and vehicles to detract from it, whilst getting it into position to do the most damage.

It is useful, but expensive, and there are multiple other options that can do the same or other roles that have as great an impact.

I'd say it depends on your playing style as to whether it is worthwhile or not.
    Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
    13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

... and Daemonhunters make it three - now just need a spare room to store it all!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast