Fresh Sob Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been very interested in starting a SOB army for a while now (my first army was going to be either Chapter Approved Necrons or SO but never really knew where to start and what they would be like in a fight.

What units should I start with? Something that wont be made obsolete by the new 'dex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can't go wrong with a cannoness and some squads of sisters. After you buy plenty of sisters, you can start getting some with special weapons, which will let you create different squads, like retributors and dominion squads. Pretty much anything that fits in the current SoB army will fit in the new codex, so but whatever you like the best. Of course, the articles here are a great help- they've helped me a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my first Imperial army so I have no idea what weapons I'm going to arm everyone with yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

WE'r not sure exatclly about what going and satying, one thing that we do know is that we'r more than likely gonna have to say bye bye to the Redemptionists so stay clear from them. Otherwise I agree with Asmodeus and stick to a some squads of battle sisters and a cannoness and bodyguard (if you choose to have them).

Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what i've seen from a preview list (which a GW employee showed me so I'd stop pestering him about the So It looks like the redemptionists aren't really gone, but are going to be something else (a different name or something). I don't know if I'd stay clear of them, but I'd be a little wary...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd definitely stick with the Cannoness and a couple squads of Battle sisters with whatever special weapons you prefer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition, if you have the cash, an Immolator wouldn't hurt. Used one of them once, and it was great- made up it's points pretty effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an immolator with a retributer squad rocks. using its fire point, combined with its twin heavy flamer, its shooting 4 heavy flamers. its like a giant flaming tank. thats scary. seraphims are expensive, moneywise, but its my fav thing for sobs.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just play tested SOB vs Deamon hunters. I'm definantly hooked as I wipped 'em out.
    At one point had my whole army in a big U formation around his army.
    15 flamers & 4 meltas into one squad of termies all at the same time. :lol:

Closed Thread