Do Imperial Gaurd Need A Daemonhunter Support - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[COLOR=blue] I hav a small IG army at the moment and was wondering if i should add some DaemonHunters to the mix. Could somebody plz gimme advice

Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only do so if you want to take your army in that direction (fluff-wise), and if you think that some DHs would complement your army in some way.

I am considering getting an Inquisitor and Friends to add to my army to put a bit more hand to hand punch to my army, and because I don't dislike the idea that an inquisitor could use my soldiers to exterminate some filthy chaos scum.
    The Good News is here!

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I have a couple of inquisitors for my IG army, but it&#39;s not a necessity. The IG list is very competent without the support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by Daemon hunters?....Grey knights, an Inquisitor and retinue, inquisitorial stormtroopers, what?

if I were to go anything, a unit or two of grey knights in power armour will give your army a very potent HTH punch.

then again so will ogryns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of putting some GK terminators and a GK sqaud in power armour to add a little infantry support to my army because face it IG are useless in HTH. Also the IG elites arn&#39;t gr8.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ll just move this to the IG board
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding Radicals to the Guard army is fun. Daemonhosts pack quite a punch. So do assassins. Unfortunetly, only one of those two can be used in a Guard force (one elite choice.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont need it but it can add a little spice to your army.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet vengeance NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; emperor damn you for your lack of faith have you not seen the beautiful new guard lists?

the guard will OUT GUN OUT FIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY OUT NUMBER YOUR ENEMIES. just have faith. that and feth loads of sentinals. my guard armie has 6 of them in 1500 pts. only been beaten once.

His light guides and protects us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regard to the assassin, you don&#39;t need the Daemonhunter units for those, since they come in their own seperate codex that does not require Inquisitors like a DH army does. Just because you have some DH in your army doesn&#39;t subject it to DH rules, (so long as it is, in fact, an IG army.)

Having a group of Grey Knights to teleport into battle, (Fast Attack choice, in that case,) wouldn&#39;t be too bad a choice.

I&#39;ve yet to read the Stormtroopers in the new IG, (if they&#39;re even still there,) but DH Stormtroopers are both flexible in numbers, (5-10,) and pretty cheap at 10 points a pop, (considering they have hellguns, targeters and frag grenades by default already.)

As for a nasty HtH unit, look no further than the Grey Knight Grand Master Hero with a retinue of 3-9 Termies... that is, if you&#39;re ok with dropping 283-559 points on a single addition HQ unit, (that&#39;s not including any upgrades or additional wargear.)

AKA DH is expensive.... as hell. Whether or not you want to mix them up in your IG army depends on whether or not you&#39;re ok with dropping 25 points on a Space Marine cuz he has a storm bolter and a nemesis force weapon.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast