Salamanders Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!
    I'm new here...
    I want to collect Salamanders, and I want to ask You, do You have maybe any advices about this army? I read about them, and I know SM Codex (I play already Sm, but my own chapter). As a shooting army it can take many lascannons, its great, but You can only have a 3 havy support units so its quite poor...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started my SM Salamanders a few days ago and I already have a plan. Here is what i have so far.

6 man tac squad
    -multi-melta
    -plasma gun
    -Vet Sarge with signum
    -Razorback with twin-lascannon

6 man tac squad
    -flamer
    -melta
    -vet sarge with signum and combi bolter-flamer.
    -Razorback with twin-lascannon

Soon to come... Chaplain with thunder hammer

Im not an expert but I think im on the right track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, capt sparrow, what is your most likely enemy (space marines etc..) and what style of playing suits u best- i would assume shooting

Salamanders dont get lascannons in their basic squads, but they get the multi-melta (which is pretty good too)- of course their devestators can take lascannons though

Overall, Salamanders are probably the best anti horde chapter of marines- lots of flamers and hardy troops and cheap Terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much is one salamander termie? if this is breaking a copyright rule then sorry, dont bother replying to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Approximately, 5 points less than a standard one.
    "I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t like Salamanders but they get lots of flamers, have that cool artificer armour and get "Fury of the Salamander" psychic power

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they key to salamanders is the combination of LOADs of flmaers and LOADs of thunder hammers/ storm shileds. salamanders fight best in close rnage(flamers and melta guns)a nd then they are close sot hey need to be able to fihgt in cc(thunder ahmmers and powerfists...since u mostly strike last(ini3)...strike hard&#33;&#33;&#33

i ahve played salamanders for 2 years and have had ALOT of success wiht them. every one of my squads has 2 flmaers and a sarg wiht a powerfist.

also the Salamanders Mantle works extremely nicely on a toole dup force commander since he has 3 wounds not getting instant kille is also a good thing&#33;(thunder hammer on him to&#33

drive, unload, flame, smash(powerfists.thunder hammers) my salamander strat

yes they are the best anti horde army, and unlucky for my firned who got me into 40k and suggested salamanders...he plays orks

oh yes and the salamander terminators are nasty&#33;&#33;&#33; 2 heavy flmamers and whole lot of powerfists and thunder hammers to back them up...its hanis
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, because of their close-range habits, I always think of Sergeants as 65-point leaders... cuz everyone should have a Rhino.

This track of mind kinda goes along like the Emperor&#39;s Champion, automatically deducting points from your army out of neccesity. Funny they should both be in the Armageddon codex.

EDIT: On another note... post #100&#33; Woohoo&#33;
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the new marine codex when it comes out(yes it is gettign redone) it is going to be HUGE because they are taking all the chapters wiht theire own codex and putting in in the marine codex and the chpters the main chapters that dont have one or just have a small list
    (BT, sal&#39;s) are gonna get a new one&#33; i cant wait&#33;
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant wait for next year, new Bretonnians and new SM Codex

Does any1 know anything about it yet (specifically, anything about disembarking from LRs)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast