I Can't Beat The Lascannons! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please help. any DH strategy for this would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have deamonhunters ally them with guard. hide your dh behind the guard and then the guard can die in thier hundreds whilst your dh dont even get scratched and then in combat use your dh to win
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about tanks though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanks? You mean those things we don't have?

If you refering to the enemy having tanks, if you get IG you can give them heavy weapons such as missile launchers and lascannons and those can help kill tanks.
    If you get two units of IG you can even have a Russ but thats REALLY costly.

For your GKs, The only real way for a GK squad to take out a tank is melta bombs so use those
    Or your HQ/Terminator BC can get Hammerhand which brings their strength up to tank crushing level.

There is also the option of Stormies, you can get two squads of those, give them metla guns, give them Rhinos or Chims and have them rush while your Knights teleport in.

Oooh, almost forgot one of my fav units, DREADS! yes, you can get one or two of them and give em lascannons and incins, giving them good long and short range fighting.

Hope that helps.

To deal with the lascannon problem, yea, I'd say get IG or Stormies.
    The stormies are the better deal, if you get two squads you can drop your GKs right into the enemy and tear them to pieces in H2H while your Stormies run up/drive up and melta them to death..
    But IGs are a good deal too, gives you ALOT more troops for less money and also gives you the option of having three heavy weapons (MLs and Lascannons), They just can't run up like the Stormies and act as more of a firebase.

Or both, thats what i'm doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok........so instead of taking all that troop stuff take a Callidus assasin and send her straght into the enemy devistator of heavy weapon teams. As for tank monted lascannons...............use a tank killing system and dont worry to much. Lascannons onlt get one shot per turn so as long as your human sheild is thick enough you should be fine.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had some incredible success with my Callidus against heavy weapon squads. She just bitch slaps those little girls left and right :lol: Dont get me wrong, IG and stormies are great, I just picked some up. But the Callidus works wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, the Callidus is great. But if you're feelin lucky, an Orbital Strike takes out those tanks in a hurry.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant you take a landraider too for heavy support.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can&#39;t see the problem...
    Just ally with the IG get some antitank heavy weapon squads and then just fight fire with fire... or las with las...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the easiest ways to handle lascannon fire is to drop a squad of gk or gk terms behind the heavy weapons and do your worst&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

failing that you could use gk men as fast attack and send them straight at the devastators&#33;&#33;

hope this will help someone in a later battle as it often helps me&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast