How To Destroy Greater Demons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the very first game i played was against chaos (slaneesh) an there was a greater demon, to cut this story short the demon routed my troops <_<. how the hell am i suposed to kill em

im lookin for suggestions plz give me some tips
    feral hunter&#39;

hunt or be hunted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does the words "mass firepower" mean anything to you?
    i don&#39;t know, because i don&#39;t know what army you play.
    alternately, if you play DE, you could probably go head ta head in CC.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I&#39;d assume that since feral hunter posted this question in the DH forum, AND because he has Grey Knights listed in his profile, that he plays some form of Daemonhunters. ^_^

Against a GD, you&#39;ve got to get your GK Hero into combat. Give him Sacred Incense, Grimoire of True Names, and maybe even Destroy Daemon. Problem is, with a Slaneeshi Daemon, you aren&#39;t going to strike first (or even at the same time), even with the Incense. So make sure you&#39;ve got plenty of protective gear (I suggest Icon and maybe even Bionics, especially with their new rules in the SM codex). Also remember that a GK Hero who comes with a bodyguard (not joins a squad, but actually buys the bodyguard) does NOT count as an Independent Character in combat (as long as his bodyguard is alive), so he CANNOT be directly targeted by the GD, just the unit as a whole. So be prepared to lose a terminator or three waiting for your Hero&#39;s initiative level to come up, then use the wargear listed above & his free Force weapon to drop that sucker in one round.

Concentrated firepower is an option, but not the best (although it is cheaper than a tooled up Hero). A Purgation squad with four psycannons would get 12 S6 shots that ignore Invulnerable saves (which is what a GD has) - you can at least put a wound or three on him before you get into combat, in case you fail your Force role. Concentrating anti-tank weaponry on it will work too, but most DH armies have very little of that, and I&#39;d rather take out enemy artillery with the lascannons and send the GM into combat against the Daemon.

Good luck&#33;

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daemon hunters die from a daemon lol
    &quot;God works in mysterious ways.&quot;
    &quot;Everything happens for a reason.&quot;

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to answer any unaswered questions i play radical Dh. i will consider your suggestions 1 of them has to work... eventually (Y)
    hunt or be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

daemon hunters die from a daemon lol
    You laugh, but a Greater Daemon is still stronger, faster, and tougher than anything Human by a long shot. Daemonhunters are the best Imperial army at what they do, but its still a challenge to take them down.

to answer any unaswered questions i play radical Dh. i will consider your suggestions 1 of them has to work... eventually
    I mentioned this in the Introduction thread above... Radical armies cannot EVER include Grey Knights. You may have a weird variation of a Puritan list, but it IS still a Puritan list.

Another suggestion is just to steer clear of the GD. Always go for the objectives, ignore the obstacles if possible. The only ways to guarantee killing a GD involve a lot of points, so you play scenario missions and not just "kill everything" games, try and avoid that giant monster on the one side ^_^

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by mEGALOMANIAC@Dec 16 2004, 203
    You laugh, but a Greater Daemon is still stronger, faster, and tougher than anything Human by a long shot. Daemonhunters are the best Imperial army at what they do, but its still a challenge to take them down.
    [snapback]278176[/snapback]
    i know, its just alittle joke
    &quot;God works in mysterious ways.&quot;
    &quot;Everything happens for a reason.&quot;

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as i said befor im new so i didnt know i couldnt have grey knights in a radical army...... i might have to go puritan then :mellow: . i will get my revenge on that demon
    hunt or be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats all good an well for slanesh but what about if the korn demon is in the battle and is backed by other demons, what then
    hunt or be hunted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Don&#39;t double post, you can edit your posts to add the question. ^_^

If you&#39;re fighting a Khorne Daemon, the strategy is a little different. With Incense, you can strike before them (I *believe* against a GD, but not a DP). Khornate models have the Collar of Khorne (well, some of them do), though, which negates Force Weapons among other things, making them count only as power weapons. So against a Khornate GD, you can actually be more successful with a Brother-Captain than a Grand Master (no sense paying for the Force Weapon, and you can buy two extra GKT with the points saved, which makes up for losing two wounds in the downgrade). The Grimoire, again, is a must take (really, if you&#39;re facing any Daemonic army, take the Grimoire, and take Incense against any Chaos army, Daemonic or not). Destroy Daemon or Banishment are the psychic powers of choice (as they are against any other Daemon), but remember you can only use one per turn, so don&#39;t bother buying both. Also like the Slaneeshi GD, make sure your Hero has a bodyguard so he can&#39;t be specifically targeted by the Daemon, and just whack at the thing until it goes down. With the number of S6 power attacks from a unit of GKT, it won&#39;t be long (but you WILL lose some GKT in the process).

By the way - If the Khornate GD doesn&#39;t have the Collar, then the Force weapon on the GM is still your best bet. I think that ONE of the larger Khornate Daemons does (either Greater or Prince), and I KNOW that all the minor Khornate Daemons have it (Bloodletters, Hounds).

Same exact process would be used against the other two Gods&#39; Daemons. Basically, if it isn&#39;t Khornate, use a GM, if it IS Khornate, don&#39;t count on the Force weapon. Same wargear and psychic powers against all of them (and a bodyguard always&#33.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast