How Satisfied Are You With The New Codex ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.

Personnally I was expecting so much of this new codex that having read it, I feel like a very little bit dissappointed :s.

I won't make a list of all my desillusions ( ;-) ) but I would have expected more cheaper troops/weapons and maybe more powerfull surprises.

For instance, the enginseer is a good idea, but why making an elite of him and not a hq-like character like a psyker, priest or commissar ! I use to take ratlings, ogryns and hardened vets in my army, now, if I want to have an engineseer, I need to get rid of one of them

Don't misunderstand me, I do not complain with the new codex, just expecting more power/less cost.

If I should give a quotation, I would go for a 6/10

Kryss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you too, but I think that with the new additions (Carp armour, better Hellhound, enginseer.....) that the New IG army WILL be a better match...jsut think, 4+ saves for reg troops now with the Carp. armour extra....a tad bit pricey, but it add a twist. Remember...they cant make the IG toooo powerfull either. After all, they are just human with tanks and lots o'guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

i am nearly completely satisfied with the new codex,my only problem is that the doctrines could be more streamlined and the characters should be more regementalized ie gaunt can only be in a tanith army
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then new codex isn&#39;t even out here in Canada yet <:>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kryss@Sep 10 2003, 02:56
    Hello.

Personnally I was expecting so much of this new codex that having read it, I feel like a very little bit dissappointed :s.

I won&#39;t make a list of all my desillusions ( ;-) ) but I would have expected more cheaper troops/weapons and maybe more powerfull surprises.

For instance, the enginseer is a good idea, but why making an elite of him and not a hq-like character like a psyker, priest or commissar &#33; I use to take ratlings, ogryns and hardened vets in my army, now, if I want to have an engineseer, I need to get rid of one of them

Don&#39;t misunderstand me, I do not complain with the new codex, just expecting more power/less cost.

If I should give a quotation, I would go for a 6/10

Kryss
    If you want more Elites just start a new Force Orginization chart. If you take Ratlings, Ogryns and an Enginseer you will use up 3 Doctrines anyways.

I like the new Elites list. Before, I never took Elites. Now I have 5 units of them to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate this new codex. the ig have never ever gotten a break since their inception in first edition. the hellhound is awful. i dont care what u say, u have to roll to hit, its a lot of points, and u have to roll to hit&#33;&#33;&#33; how about cheaper setinals, or give back 2 of the funner tanks in the ig. they take away our guns and give us close combat and elites. very stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I don&#39;t have the new codex yet, but I&#39;ve heard nothing but good things from it. Even the bad news isn&#39;t that bad. The doctrines allow you to personalize your army to fit your own fluff which is really really nice. How can you go wrong with guard with sharpshooter doctrine?
    You can still use two of the three tanks removed from it and I&#39;ve never even seen one person use the griffon, so I&#39;m sure that there aren&#39;t too many disappointed people over that one.

I won&#39;t make a list of all my desillusions ( ;-) ) but I would have expected more cheaper troops/weapons
    I had heard that Hardened Vets were now 8 points per soldier instead of 10 and that Stormtroopers were 10 points instead of 12. I&#39;ve also heard that all non-energy weapons got cheaper. I never used these units before because they were too expensive for their costs, but now I plan on using both Vets and Stormtroopers.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont play ig...wat are doctrines?
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i think that the new codex is great, it could have included a bit more fluff from some of the battles the guard go through. Granted the codex does has its down side but other than that i am completly satisfied with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Can you use a tank or roughrider company anymore or not
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast