Are Any Of These Worth The Points, Iyo? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Sanctioned psykers, one with honorifica and force weapon

A pair of enginseers, with technical servitors, and maybe a gun serv each?

Veteran squad with plasma guns?

Special weapons team, two flamers and demo charge?

Mortar team?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it is a good list because space marines blast you way in one second whit this list you can wipe your ass better :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I'll weight in my personal opinion on the following units, but you may just want to try them out for yourself:

Sanctioned Psykers: I'm not too sure on these guys yet. I'm not impressed with they powers that they have to roll randomly to get, BUT they are only a measly 12 points. I might find room for them somewhere at some point, but just not now.

Enginseers: I'm not sure I would go so far as to take a pair of them, but I'm definitely considering dropping one with about three repair servitors in just to keep my demolisher working long enough to hurt something. Gun servitors are cool too, but pricey.

Veteran Squads: Out of all the choices you listed Veteran squads with plasma guns is the BEST. They have a great BS skill and a very strong weapon. I personally take two vet squads in my army with a lascannon and two plasma guns. It works real well for me so far.

Special Weapons Teams: These are pretty nice too, but I don't like the idea of concentrating a bunch of special weapons into one small squad. I like putting them into my big squads so that lots of troops can soak up wounds before I lose a good weapon. Just my opinion tho. Put a few melta guns in a Chimera and go take out a Land Raider with them. That might work really well.

Mortars: Mortars blow. Not strong enough, small template. I don't think I've ever used them effectively against anything besides Nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars can't even kill Nids. In 4 turns of shelling, the 3-mortar team killed 6 Termagants. Not a producitve use of 100 points at all. I'll never use them again.

A Psyker with an Honorifica and a Force Weapon is nice. Even though those two items cap out his wargear limit (I think,) having a Force Weapon can help against that pesky Daemon or Wraithlord (stupid Wraithlords...)

Enginseers are empty points. Expensive, bad in combat, and bad at vehicle repair (unless you spend even more points on Servitors, which aren't worth the points.)

Special weapon teams are versitile. Very usefull. And fairly inexpessive.

Hardened Veterans are very cool. With all Laspistols and CCWs, and a Power Fist, they can be a nice assault squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is with those mortars ? In my game vs 'nids a couple days ago, they killed a couple 'gaunts...i'd hate to think that there gonna sit on the shelf. Getting three attacks no matter what ( BS ) , is great but they are to weak , they should either be ordance, or higher strength ( or ap...its sad to think flak, mesh armour can deflect a mortar round.... is GW doing anything about this?
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you people so Ineffective with Mortars last game i played against nids i killed at least 7 per turn and 4 turns means 28 dead nids.
    Against Marines they are not as effective but they do force a pinning test. They rock against Eldar, SOB, Orks they KIll as well as Nids

The Anti tank team with lascannons is a waste of points.

Special weapons are Ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

311 they are not and nids get no armor save against them.

Mortars are the most effective waepons with experinced IG players Try working on your guessing and using the barrage rule right I dont know they ROCK for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortars are good vs Tyranids, IG and Orks, but thats about it from my experience.

I still have not used a special weapons team with that layout. As HourGlass said you lose alot of points very quickly when that squad is targetted.

I personally find IG characters wanting in almost every situation. Fluff-wise they are cool fun though. :o Enginseers arent that great. You can almost have a NEW tank for the same points it takes for the Enginseer to maybe repair something
    IG since '95.

Closed Thread