Escalation Scenario Rule & Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the Escalation special rule it states that only "basic infantry" may start the game on the table. Who does this include in IG? The Guard codex has a nice description of who infantry is and who isn't, but is that what they are referring to? If they only mean basic guardsmen, and I play with Grenadiers, I'm likely not to have any! Anyone have any insight?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Welcome, prey species!

"Existing Unit Types"

Big Grey Book page 264

Battle For Macragge page 87

When looking for unit definitions in regards to 4thEd rules, these pages will (or at least should) provide the answer. (Y)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MisterH@Dec 17 2004, 19:34
    In the Escalation special rule it states that only "basic infantry" may start the game on the table. Who does this include in IG? The Guard codex has a nice description of who infantry is and who isn't, but is that what they are referring to? If they only mean basic guardsmen, and I play with Grenadiers, I'm likely not to have any! Anyone have any insight?
    [snapback]278862[/snapback]
    for what i understand, it's troops choices that don't ride in a transport. everything else is reserves.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

if you have the BGB the answer is pretty clear. but if you don't, i'll tell you

omega missions have escalastion. escalation means that if you're not on foot, you start in reserve.

anything but infantry starts in reserve. now the question is "what is infantry".

the answer, anything that is not: bike, jet bike, beast, calvary, monster, vehicle, jump/jet pack, walker.

[note]Sentinels DO start on the board because of their "Scout" rule.

i know what you were thinking "the IG dex says that guard infantry is blah blah" but think bigger, do other codexi define infantry? no.

again, infantry is defined in the BGB.

so what does this mean for guard?

simply, (unless you're mechanized), ALL YOUR GUYS START ON THE BOARD!!

command squad, HWsquads, infantry platoons, grenadiers, vets, etc etc all start on the board (unless you wanna DS them).

and this is why, infantry based IG, kicks ass in escalation.

+ Reply to Thread