Kroot Mercenaries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had this idea for a while about making an IG army with heavy use of kroot mercenaries. Could a list with, say, 30 or 40% kroot be competetive, and if so, what would the list look like?

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
    but it rocks absolutely, too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

much like an army that uses hardened fighters and warrior weapons. probably about the same points too, so most probably wouldn't complain.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i don't think the imperium would approve their armies being allied with xenos, but coming from a tau player..........GO FOR IT! SCREW THE IMPERIUM!
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tau like to think that the kroot exclusivly work for them, but it's a great idea to include them in IG. the only problem is that you need to have one troops choice from the parent 'dex for each unit of allied kroot you want to include, so you will be forced to take large numbers of infantry platoons. perhaps you could use some conscripts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, yeah, I must've misread the 1 squad per troops choice. It should still work though...

BTW:
    The idea behind the army is that they were being shipped off from their homeworld (a Valhalla-like ice world) to participate in a campaign against the Tau Empire. En route, their ship were overcome by a sudden surge of warp energy, and was thrown violently out of warpspace. The transport crash landed on a marsh/forest world (think the swamp level in Halo 1), where they found themselves in the middle of a gigantic battle between native kroot and a Nurgle infestation (likely related to the warp surge). Outnumbered and unused to the tropical environment, the guardsmen knew that they could not fight both forces at once, and choose to fight the greater enemy: chaos. The chaos forces had corrupted much of the planet, so even after the relatively small numbers of plague marines had been vanquished, it took five long years to expunge the last taint of chaos, during which time, the kroot and guardsmen became very proficient at fighting together, and most of the guardsmen had become, if not friendly with the kroot xenos, at least respectful of their value in battle.

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and maybe to show the "bond" you could convert some kroot shaper and put him in the command squad as a hardened veteran, maybe with a commemorary imperial lasgun as a gift to him?
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I find the rules that legally allow you to do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also like to know where I could read up on legal rules about these.

Heres another question: Would you be able to use a Kroot Shape Changer in one of your HQs slots, that is if you had Kroot Mercs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules are in CA 2004, I think. It has a complete army list with HQ's, elites, etc. You can put them in any non-marine, sister, necron, or tau army, or field it stand-alone. To use them you just need to fill all of the compulsory force-org slots with your main army, and then you can fill any remaining slots from the kroot list, as long as you have at least as many troop choices from your main list than you have total kroot choices.

So what would be good kroot units for an infantry-heavy guard army? The vulture kroot look awesome, but how effective/useful would they be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Originally posted by Rhodeta@Dec 21 2004, 20:42
    So what would be good kroot units for an infantry-heavy guard army? The vulture kroot look awesome, but how effective/useful would they be?
    [snapback]282462[/snapback]
    Well, i dont know any of the kroot rules, but in one battle I ended up watching a group of Kroot hounds and their keepers absolutly decimated squads of Space Wolves. Maybe getting these sort of units would compensate for the Guards lack of CC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast