Untested Tournament 1500 Dh Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a 1,500 point army with regular opponents being Chaos, I-Guard and Orks, heres what i've got recently, my only worry is the lack of actual heavy weapons, im thinking of just assaulting heavy units (tanks etc) when i deep strike my terminators into their back line

HQ-

Grand Master (155 pts)
    -Upgrades: Psycannon Bolts
    -Retinue: 7 Grey Knight Terminators
    <EDIT> forgot to mention here, (322 pts):lol:</EDIT>

Troops-

8 Grey Knights (275 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar, 2 psycannons

8 Grey Knights (275 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar, 2 psycannons

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (110 pts)
    -Upgrades: 2 flamers

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (110 pts)
    -Upgrades: 2 flamers

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (255 pts)
    =Command Section: 5 Guardsmen
    -Upgrades: 2 flamers, teleport homer.
    =Squad Alpha: 10 Guardsmen
    -Upgrades: meltagun
    =Squad Beta: 10 Guardsmen
    =Squad Gamma: 10 Guardsmen

Total Pts: 1,502.
    Total Models: 79.

Thoughts:
    Im thinking of taking out like... one terminator or something and use those points on incinerators on the other terms, or taking out a few more units, maybe a whole IS squad and putting in a Lance Strike or something.

Anyone spot any other major flaws or tactics im over looking?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little support maybe ?

A leman russ, a dreadnought or an orbital strike, no ?

Kryss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly...

Drop the psycannon bolts on the GM. Unless you are going against units with only invulnerable saves or 4+ saves it&#39;s useless and 10 points better spent elsewhere.

Second, consider reducing your GM retinue size if you want to deep strike. Remember, GK figures have the new terminator bases, which is the large base. It makes it a lot more difficult to get the models on the template. Maybe break it into a retinue and an Elite terminator squad.

Third, you either need some long-range anti-vehicle support or get your IG rhinos. Otherwise, your troops will get destroyed by any shooty army before you can get close enough to their vehicles to use the multi-meltas.

Fourth, if you plan on facing any Chaos an absolute must for your GM is sacred incense. Next to that is the grimoire of true names which is useful if your opponent likes to make a super beefed up daemon prince. You can lay some smack down and tell him he only has a WS 3 or whatever instead of his 6 or 7 he beefed the guy up to.. haha.

Also, don&#39;t forget psychic powers. If against Chaos, Destroy Daemon is useful, but if you use it you can&#39;t use your force weapon ability. Holocaust is nice if you plan on getting your GM into CC. I&#39;d take it twice (once for GM, once for terminator squad) giving you 2 ordinance template blasts from your GM. It&#39;s great if you stick him into the thick of a large enemy unit. Shrouding is good if you want to do something unique like give your GM 2 close combat weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, some very nice ideas there dvang. Much appriecative for your help, ill get back to the drawing board :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don&#39;t worry about what he said about the templates when teleporting, When they started putting out the new based terminators the rules changed, no longer do you have to get them right under the template, if the unit is to big you can put them on the outside of the template, just connected as closely as possible to it.

Its in the Chapter Approved section on the GW site, I believe in the rules clarifications but I&#39;ll have to check and just edit my post.

EDIT Oops, forgot my opininion.
    I see one huge problem with your army list, you have no heavy hitting weapons.
    Yes I do see the melta guns, but remember the melta guns have an extremely limited range (12" IIRC) and without something to get your IGs to that range they are useless and will be eaten alive.
    Your better off giving your IG squads Missile launchers or Lascannons.

On your STs, Give them the melta guns and use the good ol tactic with a Rhino/Chim of driving up and meltaing what needs to be killed (mmm, fried Land Raider anyone?)

For your HQ, I&#39;d drop the number of your Terminators down to.. 3 or 4 and put the points elsewhere, believe me, your GM and 4 terminators can take care of themselves.
    As well as, if you&#39;d like to give your GM a bit of tank crushing ability, you should take Hammer Hand, very useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, using your help ppls, ive come up with this... bit more heavy hitting power, still a nice meat shield, and backup teleport homers incase my IS w/rhino get fried early in the game

even tho i mentioned that one of the intended opponents was Chaos, he has his force based around marines only, so no daemons/many daemonic gifts to be found..

Daemon Hunters GK army – Draft 2

HQ-

Grand Master (171 pts)
    -Upgrades: Hammerhand, Consecrated Scrolls, Frag Grenades, Bionics
    Retinue: 5 Grey Knight Terminators (265 pts)
    -Upgrades: Holocaust, Incinerator

Troops-

8 Grey Knights (275 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar, 2 Psycannons

8 Grey Knights (275 pts)
    -Upgrades: Justicar, 2 Psycannons

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (140 pts)
    -Upgrades: 2 Meltaguns, Veteran Sgt w/ Teleport Homer
    Transport: Rhino (58 pts)
    -Upgrades: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (240 pts)
    =Command Section: 5 Guardsmen
    -Upgrades: 2 Flamers, Teleport Homer
    =Squad Alpha: 10 Guardsmen
    -Upgrades: Flamer
    =Squad Beta: 10 Guardsmen
    =Squad Gamma: 10 Guardsmen

Heavy Support-

Lance Strike (70 pts)

Total Pts: 1,494
    Total Models: 67

edit: fixing colours, yay for colours&#33; :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Elandili, i wasnt able to find the rule clarification for the deepstriking large based GK terms, do u mind finding it again and tell me which page # its in? thx&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure

http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/...sQAver2.DOC.pdf

Page 9
    Under The Battle Book - Scenario Special rules.
    Its number 2 under that.

Its not specificly for GKs mind you, but its about teleporting and when the unit is to big to go inside the template so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First.. I didn&#39;t mean shrouding in my first post, I meant Scourging psychic power.

I am aware of the FAQ update. However, having a large unit still does cause problems getting them onto the template, even overlapping bases then overflowing the template. Remember, any models that land within 1" of an enemy are destroyed. It&#39;s a lot easier to avoid that with only 4-5 models in a squad rather than 10, as you then have some room to maneuver on the template. Of course, I have mainly played 1000 point battles, so haven&#39;t really had a chance to try a big termie squad.

Secondly, I have difficulties taking Hammerhand with a Grand Master. Part of his points cost is for that S6 Force Weapon (40 pts at least&#33. You take Hammerhand for more points to get a S8 power weapon and an extra attack, but lose the ability to use the Force Weapon ability and your storm bolter/other weapon. I don&#39;t know.. if you really want an additional attack take a power weapon (for 2 CC weapons) and buy Scourging to use as a ranged attack, or buy a Thunderhammer or power fist which, again, gives another attack, with S8 option this time, and Scourging if you want ranged attacks. I don&#39;t know, I haven&#39;t used Hammerhand but for some reason hammerhand seems a bit of a waste to me for a GM to me.

You still don&#39;t have a lot of anti-vehicle stopping power, although the Lance Strike will help as will the Rhino for the mutli-meltas. I agree with Elandili, you might want to consider changing one or two of your IG Flamers to missile launchers. It gives you the option of a S8 krak missile vs vehicles/marines or a frag missile vs more lightly armored enemies.

You might also want to look up IG wargear. If you take an IG sergeant (or whatever they are called) I heard you can take Improved Comms, which allow you to reroll Reserve rolls (or something along those lines). Very useful for GK using deep strike units/orbital strikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think improved coms are only on IG vehicles but i&#39;d have to check.

Just to defend Hammerhand and give its only real use, You wouldn&#39;t want to use it against any troops, your nice S6 Force weapon does a wonderful job as it is.
    But, that S6 weapon isn&#39;t so useful if put against say.. a LR or most vehicles as a matter of fact.
    So, I use HammerHand as a anti tank weapon, as a HQ cannot take anything that would do the job better (eg melta bombs) and it is cheaper then giving your GM a Hammer or Fist while keeping your shooting ability that you would give up if you took said Hammer/Fist.
    All you have to give up is your Force blades power for one game turn for it and if your attacking a tank you won&#39;t need that .

Dvangs idea is another one, I personally have never tried the scourging power so I don&#39;t know how it does but its stats seem pretty damn nice lol&#33;

And yea, drop your flamers from your IG squads and pick up missile launchers/Lascannons, flamers are useless unless your playing like.. orcs and they are coming at you and even then a heavy bolter might be more useful in the hands of your IGs.. lol.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast