Razorbacks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Razorbacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone actually use this tank? all i have heard is rhino and land raiders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv seen many ppl use the,. tey dump off a squad of veteran marines and then drive around shooting things. its quite effective.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Yea theres one on my to buy list. (its a very long list though ) Going to but my HQ in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen them drop off a squad of devastators in key firing positions, then add to their power with whatever wepons are attached. Imagine a squad of devastators with 4 lascannons (or heavy bltrs) + 1 twin-linked lascannon all with ballistic skill 4 ( or the twin heavy bltrs on top which would add 12 heavy bltr shots plus 3 twin linked shots), ouch to any tanks or &#39;nids nearby. They also make excellant HQ transports when a Land Raider is not avaliable. On at least one occasion I have seen a scout squad pop-out with 4 sniper rifles and one heavy bolter (or auto-cannon). I have seen the lascannon or heavy bolter type employed effectively against Chaos Marines effectively as well.
    *Fart* "Keep talking sir, we'll find you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by panzerjeager@Sep 12 2003, 13:48
    I have seen them drop off a squad of devastators in key firing positions, then add to their power with whatever wepons are attached. Imagine a squad of devastators with 4 lascannons (or heavy bltrs) + 1 twin-linked lascannon all with ballistic skill 4 ( or the twin heavy bltrs on top which would add 12 heavy bltr shots plus 3 twin linked shots), ouch to any tanks or &#39;nids nearby. They also make excellant HQ transports when a Land Raider is not avaliable. On at least one occasion I have seen a scout squad pop-out with 4 sniper rifles and one heavy bolter (or auto-cannon). I have seen the lascannon or heavy bolter type employed effectively against Chaos Marines effectively as well.
    I assume they shoot the next turn after they have disembarked right.

the weapons you just described are all heavy weapons.

btw, WHich idiot here transports his heavy weapons in a hotzone

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol those were gonna be the same questions i asked. the best scout squad is the one thats not seen.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use 4 with twin linked lascannons each for the 4 6 man tactical with a lascannon each. they prove very effective especially against Imperial Gaurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a ravor back in my Spacemarine army, I have two turrets for it so I can switch to either twin linked heavy bolters [Against Nids and Orks ] or to the older las-cannon and twin linked plasma gun turret. [ Against arder foes ]
    Good transport with good firepower.
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanna use the single lascannon with the TW plasmagun setup for my razorback. the problem i have with my razorback is that a razorback with 6 greyhunters is about the same points as a rhino with 10 blood claws. i cant really see the point to the razorback being more effective but i still love using it.

maybe cause i like to use thing regardless of its effectiveness. its more fluffy. (kroot/krootox)
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my razorback as a command tank - ie. my commnad squad lives in it, drives around, beats up some guys and lay down some fire with the heavy bolter. With a capacity of only six they ain&#39;t much good for moving tactical squads, uness your playing a small game, in which the heavy bolter is invaluable (i use it as a roving battle tank in 40K in 40 Min games).

-- Tsculthorpe

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast