Arco-flagellants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    USA Muther F@cker!!! Freedom Fries!!! Action Extreme Sports!!! YEEEHAW!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im wanting to include a unit of arco-flagellants into my sm army. I like how many attacks they get up i worry about the rule where if they roll a 6 one dies. What experiences has ne one had with this unit? Thanks!

~Sigs

Peter-"You gonna eat that stapler?"
    Office worker-"Uhh sir you cant eat-"
    Peter-"Wanna split it?...."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arcos rule against heavy armoured low toughness troops.
    You've just got to get them into combat at least 3 models strong.

I remember someone posting in the Witch hunter Forum that he tries to get them into combat by either one of two methods. Turning their stim packs at turn one and using the extra 6" movement to charge straight at the enemy Tyranid style, using as much cover and LOS blockage as possible. Or keep them back, screened by the main force and only turn on their stim packs when the enemy is close enough that they can get into combat that turn.

I think if you do field them then you'll need to take the full 6 and depending on whether your army is assault or shooty use method one or two.

Flaggelants are a fairly unasuming model. They don't look like potential carnage on legs and often suprise people that haven't played them before. If you play them regularly you'll have to be cleverer and cleverer about it because your regular opponents will make killing them a priority, and despite their Inv save they do die easily enough.

The WH codex states that to use Arcos you'll also have to include a Priest in your army. He is an HQ choice but doesn't count towards your HQ count and must be attached to another regular WH unit. This means to take Arco's in your SM army you'll have to include another WH unit with a Priest.

+ Reply to Thread