Fightin' 'nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Fightin' 'nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys...I asked on the tactics board for general tactics for fighting Tyranids. I was hoping that you my fellow Daemonhunters would know specific tactics for fighting the Tyranid scourge. A friend of mine, [the one who introduced me to 40k] plays em and I'd like to give him a little surprise when we play next.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I haven't played against Nids but here are some suggestions for your consideration:

Take the Barrage Orbital strike. There will likely be lots of nids, so this ordinace template comes in every turn, can scatter but with as many troops as he has you're likely to hit something. It's the cheapest and weakest one, but heck, you don't need to penetrate high APs or vehicle armor with it. Target it somewhere in the middle slightly towards the Nid side. It can then cover a huge area (taking into account scatter.. amounting to about a 48" diameter circular area, not counting repositioning the template on the terrain feature each turn).

If you're fielding GK (as opposed to Inquisitor + ST)

Take some psycannons. Sure, they cost as much as 2 GK, but roll 3 S 6 shots, Great for shooting those big guys with the high T. I wouldn't take too many, as you will need numbers as well. Maybe take 1 purgation squad with 4 psycannons.

Take troops. Lots and Lots of troops. Each trooper gets 2 storm bolter shots, so more is better. GK always get 2 attacks at S6 I 4, so should be able to easily take the nids (everything except the big boys) out in CC as long as they don't get too outnumbered. Although template weapons are good, it might be difficult with the nids movement to get an incinerator a shot before CC. A GK in power armor gives up a lot taking a psycannon/incinerator (loses all his good CC ability). Now, GK terminators don't lose CC ability, so I would almost always arm one per squad with either a psycannon or incinerator.

Take GK terminators, and take the holocaust power for them, also take it for your GK hero (or inquisitor). At the end of an assault phase you place a S5 ordinance template adjacent to the hero/term brother-captain. The nids should be closely packed and you should be able to clear out a whole heck of a lot of them. Your GK Hero + Retinue can have 2 holocaust templates per turn. Ouch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the good advice dvang. I'll put it to good use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend two plays the nids. He has only 16 genstealers and the rest of his 1500 pt army is all HQ and HvyS. he feilds like 2 tryants, 2 carnafexes, old one eye, and a red terror. I play Blood Angels and i would really like to beat him this time. Any suggestions?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah slap him and tell him to make a real nid army.
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread