Imperial Guard Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a look at GW's online shop. Their last chancer models, a boxed set of 12 models? So if you want to create 20 last chancers all with the same gear you have to come up with something of your own? Just take shaeffer and then create something for kage and use say storm trooper models or something? Who has created last chancers this way? I'd like to hear from you and what you used to create your models.

Cheers in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a mix of catachan, cadian (old look better) and tallarn models and then put extra stuff on them. i dont reckon stormtroopers would look good as last chancers as they look too well organised and equipped.
    The Holy Bolter

998. model bolter: Godwyn pattern with ammo counter, sinister/dexter lock mechanism and sickle magazine with 30 rounds of .75 calibre bolts with diamantine tips, depleted deuterium core & mass reactive detonators. Fires in 4 round bursts.

"A bolter is a treasured weapon; but in the hands of a Space Marine it is a divine instrument of the Emperor's wrath"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the last chancer models (have 'em all) but with the new codex, you can equip them any way you want to. I still use the models for the roles that they can fill (Heavy bolter carrying Ox, Rocket Girl, Schaeffer of course) and I use a Necromunda Bounty Hunter (the one with the weird tall hair and bolt pistols) for Kage, plus I use all the last chancers with lasguns as well. However, for the other roles, I just use Catachans because that's my army
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ultrafists@Jan 2 2005, 00:12
    Get a mix of catachan, cadian (old look better) and tallarn models and then put extra stuff on them. i dont reckon stormtroopers would look good as last chancers as they look too well organised and equipped.
    [snapback]290654[/snapback]
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll choose my models carefully. Problem is I plan to equip every single last chancer with carapace armour & a storm bolter. Might be a bit hard not to have them look organised or i might go half storm bolter and half grenade launcher and split'em into 4 groups of 5. So much firepower that i cant ignore the options. They would be the backbone of my army, too bad i cant make the entire army purely last chancers and nothing else, i think that would look really kool and still be a difficult army to tackle. Is there anyway i could bend the rules to allow me to do this?

Just re-reading the fluff about them on page 54 of the codex, it doesnt actually say that your are limited to 1 squad and the fluff does say he leads thousands initially. So, your thoughts on this 'army of psycos'?

Well unless i get other ideas i will be usng parts from the cadian shock troops sprues, assault marine sprues, space marine commander storm bolter sprue and an assortment of cc weapon sprues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure he leads 1000s of men, but only so many of them are die-hard insane last chancers that have survived with him. He leads your army, and whatever you take in addition to the last chancers represents the many faceless goons that are fighting under him and will likely die.

I believe it does say in the codex entry that you can only take so many last chancer models, unfortunately.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, just sounds kool though. In my army im taking all 20 grunts.

What i might do is just call them the 13th. Paint them all a particular colour etc. Heres a question for you, with shaeffer as your hq choice and a vox in every non-last chancer squad are you still able use the iron dicipline rule with his leadership?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump, should have just posted a new reply

+ Reply to Thread